No, sorry, it is still in Nightly. I meant because Brave Origin will be free on Linux, I am using Brave again.What does “Brave is free on Linux” mean?
Have you installed Brave Origin?
Last edited:
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
Installation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
No, sorry, it is still in Nightly. I meant because Brave Origin will be free on Linux, I am using Brave again.What does “Brave is free on Linux” mean?
Have you installed Brave Origin?
Food for thought: When you are going on a hike in Ciociaria, do you have the maps of Europe, mid-east Asia and north Africa with you, in case you get lost?There's very little difference between Brave and Brave Origin in the Speedometer 3.1 test.
I see you ran the adblock test.
It would be interesting if you tried the CoverYouTracks test:
Cover Your Tracks

brave://settings/searchEngines

It is my experience that it is hard to add new searc engines. I had to add the url and search parm when I wanted to try out Startpage (I initially had removed all stuf I did not use, so no idea whether startpage is a default which I removed ir never was a standard listed engine, either way I had to manually add it)@LinuxFan58
Hi,
Hi, you mentioned elsewhere that Brave doesn't add inactive saved search engines.
That hasn't been my experience:
Code:brave://settings/searchEngines
View attachment 298171
I'm currently using an extension, but if I search using a search engine that isn't on the list,for example, Ecosia,the search engine where I placed the red arrow appears.
Is there a specific flag or policy in Brave that I can't seem to find that prevents this?
TH.
It is my experience that it is hard to add new searc engines. I had to add the url and search parm when I wanted to try out Startpage (I initially had removed all stuf I did not use, so no idea whether startpage is a default which I removed ir never was a standard listed engine, either way I had to manually add it)
View attachment 298213
If StartPage is bundled with your browser setup, if you want to make your personalized pref=*****, you must delete it and re-add with different username (PageStart or what you want, then after i advise newtabredirect (icpgjfneehieebagbmdbhnlpiopdcmna) extension (put your custom startpage address). and for keep all these parameters upon restart : several policies :It is my experience that it is hard to add new searc engines. I had to add the url and search parm when I wanted to try out Startpage (I initially had removed all stuf I did not use, so no idea whether startpage is a default which I removed ir never was a standard listed engine, either way I had to manually add it)
View attachment 298213
"DefaultSearchProviderEnabled": true,
"DefaultSearchProviderKeyword": "YOUR KEYWORD",
"DefaultSearchProviderName": "PAGESTART OR SOMETHING ELSE",
"DefaultSearchProviderSearchURL": "https://www.startpage.com/do/search?query={searchTerms}&prfe=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX",
"DefaultSearchProviderSuggestURL": "https://www.startpage.com/osuggestions?q=%s&prfe=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX",
"HomepageIsNewTabPage": false,
"HomepageLocation": "https://www.startpage.com/do/mypage.pl?prfe=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX",
"NewTabPageLocation": "https://www.startpage.com/do/mypage.pl?prfe=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX",
If StartPage is bundled with your browser setup, if you want to make your personalized pref=*****, you must delete it and re-add with different username (PageStart or what you want, then after i advise newtabredirect (icpgjfneehieebagbmdbhnlpiopdcmna) extension (put your custom startpage address). and for keep all these parameters upon restart : several policies :
JSON:"DefaultSearchProviderEnabled": true, "DefaultSearchProviderKeyword": "YOUR KEYWORD", "DefaultSearchProviderName": "PAGESTART OR SOMETHING ELSE", "DefaultSearchProviderSearchURL": "https://www.startpage.com/do/search?query={searchTerms}&prfe=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX", "DefaultSearchProviderSuggestURL": "https://www.startpage.com/osuggestions?q=%s&prfe=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX", "HomepageIsNewTabPage": false, "HomepageLocation": "https://www.startpage.com/do/mypage.pl?prfe=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX", "NewTabPageLocation": "https://www.startpage.com/do/mypage.pl?prfe=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX",
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes
Continue exploring the conversation.