App Review LMT Anti Logger vs Malware

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
LMT

tipo

Level 8
Well-known
Jul 26, 2012
allways wanted to test an AV which is using the md5`s from VT. No need for database updates, a whole lot and heavy on a system engines etc. i`ll give it a test a come back with some feedback. i saw you have a sandbox too. i really like your software. keep up the good work!

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Someone should test it in Malware Hub for a few weeks, and how will it perform offline.
We always like suggestions for tools to be tested in the Hub, but from our previous internal tests, this is not one of those we consider at the moment. That dosen't mean we can't change our mind, because we might actually take another look down the road ( can't say when ) as the developer is active. Personal I like the presentation/test videos, as they are very well made.

tipo

Level 8
Well-known
Jul 26, 2012
the problem is I can`t give you any feedback. because it wouldn`t want to install. i use clean install of win 10 HE x64. it just didn`t want to install. ran it as admin. any thoughts/ ideas on this?
win 10 HE x64
v19041.572

LeMinhThanh

From LMT AntiMalware
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Apr 11, 2020
the problem is I can`t give you any feedback. because it wouldn`t want to install. i use clean install of win 10 HE x64. it just didn`t want to install. ran it as admin. any thoughts/ ideas on this?
win 10 HE x64
v19041.572
Does your computer have Visual C ++ and .Net 4.7 installed? And I don't understand this: it just didn`t want to install :oops:

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
It took me the best of 5 and halfhours to get windows setting, control panel, windows recovery etc. etc. to respond. Don't ask me what I did but on one last miserable attempt finally LMT UI appeared with all options deselected.
Though I am inclined to believe that I somehow interfered with LMT installation, 5 and half hours ago, I uninstalled it.
I leave this app to most of you guys here that know what you are doing.
Pew! I seriously thought my computer was gone down the gurgler.

Attachments

• toilet-drawing-26.jpg
    toilet-drawing-26.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:

LeMinhThanh

From LMT AntiMalware
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Apr 11, 2020
Hi @VecchioScarpone ,
I am very sorry to hear about the problem you have with my software. I use my software every day to make sure it is working properly and that I can find its bugs as soon as possible.
Because this is a 1-man project, I do not have the resources to test on many different environments. I hope you understand.
And I would be very grateful if you can go to Event Viewer and search with the keyword LMT Anti Logger, select the Error item as shown below. This can help me fix this error in next versions.

1619349633664.png

Last edited by a moderator:

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
Hi @VecchioScarpone ,
I am very sorry to hear about the problem you have with my software. I use my software every day to make sure it is working properly and that I can find its bugs as soon as possible.
Because this is a 1-man project, I do not have the resources to test on many different environments. I hope you understand.
And I would be very grateful if you can go to Event Viewer and search with the keyword LMT Anti Logger, select the Error item as shown below. This can help me fix this error in next versions.

View attachment 257370
There is no need to apologize, you are offering a free service and it is I that I thank you. As posted above I probably caused the installation glitch myself.
Find below Event Viewer screenshots.
Regards.

Attachments

• LMT 1.png
    LMT 1.png
    73.9 KB · Views: 234
  • LMT 2.png
    LMT 2.png
    114.7 KB · Views: 222
  • LMT 3.png
    LMT 3.png
    92.4 KB · Views: 229

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
I am beta testing DD. Will I keep it? Time will tell. As for Malwarebytes Anti Exploit, I can't get myself to uninstall it.
Happy with the rest.
I have to agree with @harlan4096 . VoodooShield with Microsoft Defender is a good combo and probably won't cause any issues, but Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit can be ditched when you tweak the Windows built in anti-exploit settings. Maybe Microsoft Defender with Hard_Configurator and VoodooShield would be worth trying.

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
I have to agree with @harlan4096 . VoodooShield with Microsoft Defender is a good combo and probably won't cause any issues, but Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit can be ditched when you tweak the Windows built in anti-exploit settings. Maybe Microsoft Defender with Hard_Configurator and VoodooShield would be worth trying.
I appreciate your feedback. I did look into Hard Configurator but it is above my pay grade. I don't understand the way Windows protect folder works, It is confusing to me.
I beta test DD and VS not because I am an expert but because Dan's Apps never really gave me cause for regrets, for years now, and he is super on support.
Don't take me wrong but we may be better stick to the OP subject. I just wanted let @harlan4096 know I got it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.