Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Nice idea !

In fact everybody should find an avatar that correspond to him, based on a penguin if possiple:)
linux avatar - Recherche Google

For @Logethica, with all the interesting articles he posts every day, I think this one could be fun :

IVeuAluuet.png
Trying to spread a Penguin infection I see, don't make me call animal control :p

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016

Logethica

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Penguins are aliensssssss!!! :D:D:D

bYlP3fS.jpg

BTW, Great config @Logethica. Is ZoneAlarm light on system? I might try it on my laptop very soon. :)
Haha :D....or maybe when DardiM's Bat-suit is in the laundry he wears a Green Lantern costume instead.:rolleyes:
Thanks @King Mellow :) I find ZoneAlarm to be light on my system.
It may be worth asking @_CyberGhosT_ about ZoneAlarm too, as it did not play well on his system..so it may depend on whether you use your machine for gaming perhaps..I am not sure.
Great, now I have to call Men In Black lol
:D.. If they do answer your call then try to persuade Will Smith to do another season of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air..:)
You have got beautiful eyes :cool:

@Logethica, your security config is "more" than very nice, but you may better protect your thread :'(
:D... That Green penguin does not look like a penguin to trust :p
Protecting my thread is more difficult.. Perhaps an MT sister-forum called Threadtips would be a good idea :D
(I don't mind,It's fun:))

Logethica

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Good config bro. Good luck ;)
I just wonder why did you put ZoneAlarm Free Firewall? Are you sure this one is the best firewall in terms of protection? Thank you :)
Thanks @Rebsat :)
I think that there are very few choices for Firewalls..
I like to use a separate AV & Firewall rather than a security suite as I don't like to rely on one product,because If that one product fails/crashes then my defences are compromised too easily..
Bearing this in mind,I was left with only a few choices of an "Independent" firewall..
These choices (after ruling out products that are no longer in active development) are..
Comodo / ZoneAlarm / Windows built-in / Windows built-in + extra control software..
I block many M$ services.This is due to my disagreeing with their excessive data-collection & also that they slow the system down..
I would not trust an M$ service to block another M$ service, so that ruled out my using Windows built-in Firewall.
This left me with a straight choice between Comodo & ZoneAlarm.
I once tried to Install Comodo but when I tried it said that it was not compatible with my system:confused:
I have also read many complaints on MT regarding unfixed Comodo bugs..
So I chose ZoneAlarm ... I have used it for 4 years now and It has never been breached,and I have never experienced any negative issues with it in that time.:)

Logethica

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Can you check if Avast SafeZone browser has the identical browsing history as your default browser, Google Chrome?
I have just checked SafeZone and the browsing history is empty,whereas my chrome history has 26 items in it.:)
That was only the second time that I had opened SafeZone browser since I installed it.
My chrome is always run through sandboxie,not sure if that would make a difference to the SafeZone history...
plus I have not synced my chrome bookmarks to Safezone.

Nooo! Not the flashy stick thingy!!:p:p:p
You leave my flashy stick thingy out of this :D

Logethica

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
UPDATED:
Finally Installed the W10 Anniversary Update- (my last OS update was 2 months ago,which is the longest I have ever left it)
Luckily there were no major problems,but I did end up uninstalling & reinstalling Avast! as it had an issue with its background services not running correctly..:rolleyes:
In anticipation of my needing to reconfigure my M$ telemetry/services blocklist to counteract AU changes,I performed a fresh reinstallation of ZoneAlarm Firewall..
I did not however need to kill any additional M$ services (other than a few that are related to Windows Defender)
I was surprised by this,and (also to my surprise) the M$ metro apps that I had removed were not reinstalled during the AU.:)
In conjunction with my M$ blocks I updated to O&O ShutUP10 v.1.4.1383 (which is still awesome,& in active development)..
I selected every option that ShutUp10 offers except for the disabling of "App Notifications" because they are vital when using SpyShelter.

I also updated my VoodooShield Pro BETA from 3.30 to 3.36 (I normally install every new Beta ,but I wanted to leave it until after I had installed the AU)

UNINSTALLED:
Avast! SafeZone Browser -(which was my back-up to Chrome)
Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit BETA - (I had run this Beta for a long time,and used it when I wanted to perform thorough Rootkit-specific scanning...but I finally decided to let go :oops:)

INSTALLED:
Vivaldi Browser - I decided to replace SafeZone with Vivaldi.. I will now have to decide whether to use Chrome or Vivaldi as my primary browser :confused: I played with it for a while and am liking it :)
I imported all of my Chrome Bookmarks to Vivaldi,as well as adding all of my Chrome extensions to it.:)

UPGRADED:
My free version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware has been upgraded to the Premium version.
Thank you very much to a generous MT friend for this :):):)
I am running it in realtime alongside both Avast & Crystal Security,and I am happy to report that everything is great..
no conflicts,no slowdown,no memory drain...They are working together fantastically :p

Logethica

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
UPDATED:
VoodooShield Pro BETA from 3.36 to 3.37
(I Tried to install the new 3.38 BETA, but AVAST prevented it. With all previous BETAs AVAST allowed me to exclude it, but on 3.38 I was not given that option:confused:. I will just wait for 3.39)

INSTALLED:
AppGuard -(Thank you very much to a generous MT friend for this :):):))

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.