Looking for a Security Product Review? Leave your request here!

Malware Managed

From Malware Managed
Verified
Jun 29, 2016
Full Product Name: Cylance PROTECT (Managed by Malware Managed)
Version: 1.2.1380.48
Developers Website: Malware Managed
Special Testing Requirements (Optional): Please contact us ahead of time so we can provide you with a 100% discount code for the subscription that you can keep for 12 months for posting a video of your test here for the Community.

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014

adnage19

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
Full Product Name: F-Secure Internet Security (F-Secure Safe)
Version: latest stable
Developers Website: https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/home
Special Testing Requirements (Optional): behavior test - disabled antivirus, ENABLED DeepGuard

@safe1st (and other reviewers of course :) ) I would be grateful if you could test F-Secure's DeepGuard against fresh malware samples. It would be interesting and kinda different than normal full AV test.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Full Product Name: VoodooShield
Version: 3.45 or up
Developers Website: voodooshield.com
Special Testing Requirements (Optional): Autopilot mode with "Automatically allow by parent process..." unchecked and checked against simple and sophisticated/morphed ransomwares

Last edited:

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014

artek

Level 5
Verified
May 23, 2014
WinAntiRansom

A patch was released for WAR. In the patchnotes:
  • WAR now blocks all Malware, this includes viruses, trojans, worms, rats and of course ransomware and zero-day threats.
I would like to see how the program handles malware other then ransom ware.

insanity

Level 5
Verified
Oct 9, 2016
Product Name: Microsoft Security Essentials
Version: latest stable version
Developers website: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14210/security-essentials-download
Special requirement: Windows 7 system
Default settings (or at the tester's discretion)

I have seen a lot of videos reviewing Windows Defender (for Windows 8/10) but I'd like to see how Microsoft's solution performs in Windows 7.

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Full Product Name: Comodo Internet Security Premium
Version: v8.4.0.5165 or later
Developers Website: Free Internet Security | Why Comodo Internet Security Suite for PC?
Special Testing Requirements (Optional): Proactive Security Preset (or at the tester's discretion)

I'm testing above mentioned suite in (activated by default) Security Preset @ the Malware Vault, would love to see the more aggressive Preset in a video.
Thank you!

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
Full Product Name: Bitdefender Total Security 2017
Version: 21.0.21.976 or later
Developers Website: Bitdefender
Special Testing Requirements (Optional): Self defense, Active Threat Control only (maybe you can compare the normal and aggressive setting?)

Hi, I've specialized in testing proactive features only, especially behavior blockers. Do you happen to know if Active Virus Control can be tested as stand alone protection feature without the real-time file scanner? If yes, I can make the test.

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
Hi, I've specialized in testing proactive features only, especially behavior blockers. Do you happen to know if Active Virus Control can be tested as stand alone protection feature without the real-time file scanner? If yes, I can make the test.
Pretty easy. Install one of Bitdefender paid products and disable the signatures, leaving active threat control enabled

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.