Battle Looking for an alternative to G-DATA?

jupiter2019

Thread author
Jun 2, 2019
Hello!

I currently have G-DATA Internet Security, both of my parents are on my plan for a grand total of 3 devices. Ever since I first installed G-DATA, I've had nothing but problems with it on all the devices and their customer support is particularly crap. I'm looking at AVAST Internet Security since I already have their cleanup program and driver updater. Despite my temptation to go with the "brand loyalty" and how well it works; the price makes me hesitate. So my questions are;

What are some cheaper alternatives?
Is AVAST security actually good (as GDATA 'looked good on paper' but the actual program execution is pathetic)?
I use Google Chrome with AdBlocker and Ublock Origin extensions; are there any more that would help protect my devices?

Thank you so much​

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
I would recommend for paid versions: Kaspersky, BullGuard, or Eset.

For free options, I highly recommend Kaspersky Free, Avira Free, also NANO Free.

Personally, I don't recommend Avast because my brother has had BSOD issues with a .sys driver from it about a year ago. We needed a complete restore because of it. Also oversteer.exe I think it is people have shown it gathers a lot of information like gathering browsing history also trying to connect to your webcam.

Hope I have explained everything alright for you to understand. Avast used to be good back till like 2017 but after that, I feel it has gone downhill with privacy concerns and other things, I personally used to use it back then. Don't get me wrong the protection is good, but I just don't like that sort of information being gathered.

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
The best family package I guess you will get it out of Kaspersky. It's very easy to configure it and it can hand you and your parents and safe & light experience. As a matter of fact, I believe you will get the best experience out of the IT security industry.

Check:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.