jupiter2019

Hello!

I currently have G-DATA Internet Security, both of my parents are on my plan for a grand total of 3 devices. Ever since I first installed G-DATA, I've had nothing but problems with it on all the devices and their customer support is particularly crap. I'm looking at AVAST Internet Security since I already have their cleanup program and driver updater. Despite my temptation to go with the "brand loyalty" and how well it works; the price makes me hesitate. So my questions are;

What are some cheaper alternatives?
Is AVAST security actually good (as GDATA 'looked good on paper' but the actual program execution is pathetic)?
I use Google Chrome with AdBlocker and Ublock Origin extensions; are there any more that would help protect my devices?

Thank you so much​

Andrew999

Level 23
Verified
I would recommend for paid versions: Kaspersky, BullGuard, or Eset.

For free options, I highly recommend Kaspersky Free, Avira Free, also NANO Free.

Personally, I don't recommend Avast because my brother has had BSOD issues with a .sys driver from it about a year ago. We needed a complete restore because of it. Also oversteer.exe I think it is people have shown it gathers a lot of information like gathering browsing history also trying to connect to your webcam.

Hope I have explained everything alright for you to understand. Avast used to be good back till like 2017 but after that, I feel it has gone downhill with privacy concerns and other things, I personally used to use it back then. Don't get me wrong the protection is good, but I just don't like that sort of information being gathered.

Robbie

Level 28
Verified
Content Creator
The best family package I guess you will get it out of Kaspersky. It's very easy to configure it and it can hand you and your parents and safe & light experience. As a matter of fact, I believe you will get the best experience out of the IT security industry.

Check: