Downloader: EagleGet Download Manager
Virtualization: VirtualBox
CD-DVD Burning Tool: Cyberlink Power2Go
Disk Defragmenter: one built in
HardDisk , Smart Inspection & Temperature Monitoring: Lenovo Solutions

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

Trustport is not a companion AV like Kingsoft (unless im wrong) so it may create conflicts with CIS, even if you set them to exclusions.

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
MRF71 said:
Why so many av's? CIS is plenty is it not?

Yes CIS I plenty for me The reason for trustport and and Kingsoft are
1) To backup CIS if in case comodo antivirus Misses anything (which in many case it does)
2) I had 1 year trustport antivirus key which was getting wasted
3) Trustport consisting of duel engine ( bitdefender and Avg) Compensate to the misses by CIS
4) Since My Wife uses my laptop a lot and her general computer knowledge is not that good i prefer it as a precaution since she clicks on each and every click possible without thinking and i cant afford to lose any data due to her ignorance

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
umbrapolaris said:
Trustport is not a companion AV like Kingsoft (unless im wrong) so it may create conflicts with CIS, even if you set them to exclusions.

Yes you are right BUT
If you install CIS first and then Install Trustport after 2-3 restarts then Cis Doesnt conflict with Trustport And Trustport doesnt conflict with CIS if you have added CIS files to Application inspector in trustport and turn off the option ( Do not allow start any user process until real-time protection is active )

Note: Comodo AV always comes into action before Trustport even in Manual scan so there isn't any problem since what CIS misses trustport catches

D

Deleted member 178

loveboy_lion said:
Yes CIS I plenty for me The reason for trustport and and Kingsoft are
1) To backup CIS if in case comodo antivirus Misses anything (which in many case it does)

For Kingsoft i can understand, but Trustport...

2) I had 1 year trustport antivirus key which was getting wasted

So use Comodo Firewall instead of CIS, u will still have D+

3) Trustport consisting of duel engine ( bitdefender and Avg) Compensate to the misses by CIS

Comodo AV module is good enough to keep you clear from most malware. Kingsoft is enough , you dont need Trustport

4) Since My Wife uses my laptop a lot and her general computer knowledge is not that good i prefer it as a precaution since she clicks on each and every click possible without thinking and i cant afford to lose any data due to her ignorance

so you should remove CIS since it create yes or no popups , and her behavior will reduce your security at best, screw your system at worst.

Yes you are right BUT
If you install CIS first and then Install Trustport after 2-3 restarts then Cis Doesnt conflict with Trustport And Trustport doesnt conflict with CIS if you have added CIS files to Application inspector in trustport

You can't know for sure since TP is not designed for being a companion AV, the redundancies act in a deeper level. You feel nothing now, but later in case of infection you may see both AV fight each other to clean the malware.

Note: Comodo AV always comes into action before Trustport even in Manual scan so there isn't any problem since what CIS misses trustport catches

i know that CIS is fast , it is why on my system EAM is set to detect on execution , but EAM is a companion AV

If i was in your situation, i will do like this:

Main AV : Trustport
Companion AV: Kingsoft
Firewall : Comodo Firewall

Then you don't have any potential conflicts and a lighter system. remember that having lot of RAM or a super CPU dont protect you from a slow responsive system.

I am well known on this forum to test many AV/suites together, so you can trust me :D

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
You are right even a super computer would fail in protecting that's why i have this config since my wife mainly turns off the Defence+ of comodo to avoid popups that is why i have to rely only on detection when she uses the laptop
I even tried to make her use the VMware so that i am not affected but no use
Previously I only used CIS but without its Defence+ CIS is useless
I know no antivirus is perfect but with these 3 together i almost am getting 99% on detection and Total Ram Usage is always between 75-100 megs and CPU usage always between 10-20%
You should try testing them in Vmware it doesnt even slow the vmware if you have configured them correctly

D

Deleted member 178

75-100 mb, is way to high for me :D

My combo use at max 30-35mb.

So you should remove the AV module and just keep the Firewall (it will still have D+)

Maybe you should use a rollback system like Toolwiz Time Freeze, Shadow Defender or deep Freeze, and maybe use a Full virtualization apps like Sandboxie; so your wife works will not affect your system.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Personally not a fan, nor do I encourage the use of 2 or more Antivirus software.

CIS = Comodo Internet Security, a suite that is meant to protect 360-degrees of your computer from known and unknown internet threats with their Auto-Sandbox and other security mechanisms. Also 3 additional on-demand scanners.

If you think CIS cannot protect you, why use it? We know not a single AV can detect 100% malicious software, but I think that is where on-demand / scanning tools come in handy. Or use an online service such as VirusTotal or Jotti to scan files. Or use something like Sandboxie.

Run CCleaner after each browsing session, also if you're afraid of "malware in the temp files".

PS: I don't mean to sound harsh, just stating my views.

D

Deleted member 178

It will really be more beneficial to him to remove CIS' AV module. It give nothing better than TP or Kingsoft.

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
umbrapolaris said:
75-100 mb, is way to high for me :D

My combo use at max 30-35mb.

So you should remove the AV module and just keep the Firewall (it will still have D+)

Maybe you should use a rollback system like Toolwiz Time Freeze, Shadow Defender or deep Freeze, and maybe use a Full virtualization apps like Sandboxie; so your wife works will not affect your system.

I only installed CIS and not only firewall mainly due to a small issue that you may all know ( defence+ uses cloud database and is unable to quarantine malware found running in memory without antivirus module) and for this purpose i have installed the whole suite but i mainly keep the antivirus module of CIS Disabled except when someone else is using my laptop

P

Plexx

I still think running CIS Trustport and Kingsoft is a bit of overkill.

I also have a 6GB of ram and I have been a user of ESET which is known to take around 80MB. Only infection I had recently was an accident when I executed the file (Took me awhile to figure it out what happened, but I did: Turns out the file had a notepad icon and was renamed test. My common notepad for my notes etc is also called Test).

If your wife uses your pc quite often, then perhaps consider making the move to AVAST.

There are plenty of info on AVAST alone.

Spotflux VPN in my opinion is also a waste. On my tests I didn't even notice running, even though they say: "Malware and Virus Protection - Spotflux continuously scans and protects your connection for inbound threats such as malware and viruses."

Consider adding Norton DNS if you are worried about Malware, while running COMODO DNS within Dragon should you wish to do so.

Perfect disk: paid application which I have been a user for a long time and I switched to Auslogics and Puran running on 2 laptops.

CCleaner is good enough as a cleaning utility. No need for ASC. You can run Auslogics Registry cleaner and QuickSys Reg Defrag.

All in all, although some of the applications you are running are good, there are equally good alternatives and they are freeware.

pcjunklist

Level 1
Dec 28, 2011
You could also enable parental controls in CIS when your wife uses the laptop.
Click MORE, then Preferences, Parental Controls, Enable password protection, and you can check off
Suppress Anti Virus, Firewall, Defense+ alerts if password protection is enabled. That way she won't see the pop-ups

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
Biozfear said:
I still think running CIS Trustport and Kingsoft is a bit of overkill.

I also have a 6GB of ram and I have been a user of ESET which is known to take around 80MB. Only infection I had recently was an accident when I executed the file (Took me awhile to figure it out what happened, but I did: Turns out the file had a notepad icon and was renamed test. My common notepad for my notes etc is also called Test).

If your wife uses your pc quite often, then perhaps consider making the move to AVAST.

There are plenty of info on AVAST alone.

Trustport is not that overkill as Eset which used almost 100Mb on my laptop
Trustport uses almost 30-40Mb
Comodo with almost 10-15Mb
kingsoft almost 10mb

I have Eset smart security but the problem with it is that i experience lot of freeze and hangs with it running even as standalone at default settings so removed it

Personally I am not a fan of avast i had installed i on few of my clients with max security and the results were they all get infected within a week and i have noticed that CIS does a better job than avast atleast it works for a month or two before they get infected

Biozfear said:
Spotflux VPN in my opinion is also a waste. On my tests I didn't even notice running, even though they say: "Malware and Virus Protection - Spotflux continuously scans and protects your connection for inbound threats such as malware and viruses."

Yes you are right i too was considering to change and remembered that i had Comodo Trustconnect account given by egemen till 2050 so using it now

Biozfear said:
Consider adding Norton DNS if you are worried about Malware, while running COMODO DNS within Dragon should you wish to do so.

yes you are right and norton DNS is a bit faster for me

Biozfear said:
Perfect disk: paid application which I have been a user for a long time and I switched to Auslogics and Puran running on 2 laptops.

yes i have used those in past but still prefer perfect disk

Biozfear said:
CCleaner is good enough as a cleaning utility. No need for ASC. You can run Auslogics Registry cleaner and QuickSys Reg Defrag.

All in all, although some of the applications you are running are good, there are equally good alternatives and they are freeware.

I use ASC since it does all the work for me in the background and has all the tools i need

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
pcjunklist said:
You could also enable parental controls in CIS when your wife uses the laptop.
Click MORE, then Preferences, Parental Controls, Enable password protection, and you can check off
Suppress Anti Virus, Firewall, Defense+ alerts if password protection is enabled. That way she won't see the pop-ups

will try and see how it works hope it doesnt mess up with defence+ rules

P

Plexx

loveboy_lion said:
Biozfear said:

yes i have used those in past but still prefer perfect disk
[/quote]

If you are using PD and is version 12, consider updating to the latest build (Perfect Disk 12.5 Build 311) since they finally fixed the bug that was causing significant CPU consumption in the PDAgent service.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
I agree with Umbra on all comments but especially the last one...I am the only "techie minded" person in my house so I have to maintain ALL computers and I have all my kids browsers in sandboxie with a password so they can go click crazy all they want lol...now my wife is almost as bad, so I like to have our pc in frozen mode or the browser sandboxed at all times so I don't have to fix anything!

IMHO CIS is more than enough, but if you want another awesome AV then go with EAM like Umbra uses and I used to.

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
Bad News Guys even after all that Protection My wife was again able to screw up my laptop again it was a virus that some was not detected and destroyed all the exe files and even deleted most of the windows files and made the windows unbootable
even after repairing windows and removing the virus windows was unable to boot properly ( it took almost 30 mins to load windows ) which was sad Luckily no harm was done to my files
Dont know if comodo defence+ was disabled ( i wish it could had stoped the virus if it was enabled) but will never know since my wife wont say a word and couldnt get the virus sample
so i guess it was not a virus proof protection after all
so now just formatted and reinstalled windows

Good News > my wife getting new laptop or netbook today
Bad News > I am going to pay for the laptop or netbook

So i guess we are back to where we started

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.