loveboy_lion Config

D

Deleted member 178

loveboy_lion said:
Replaced returnil with shadow defender Since i found my licence key in my email which i had almost forgotten about
Yes Returnil is a bit heavier than shadow defender

no problem :D

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
Also replaced Comodo with ESET Smart Security And Emsisoft Mamutu
Couldnt decide for sure between Eset And trend micro internet security since i have licence for both
What do you guys think ESET or Trend micro

D

Deleted member 178

I will go for ESET but i will strongly suggest you to remove Zemana, you don't really need it on your actual system (not very light on RAM and it can't use all its features on x64 system) since you added Mamutu (that is more effective than Zemana and catches Keyloggers too) and ESET (that has an HIPS)

P

Plexx

loveboy_lion said:
Also replaced Comodo with ESET Smart Security And Emsisoft Mamutu
Couldnt decide for sure between Eset And trend micro internet security since i have licence for both
What do you guys think ESET or Trend micro

Have a look at my review results here and decide for yourself.

Each one of us will tell you our opinions but only you can decide what to use.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I don't think you can rely on just an Antivirus to keep you protected. Thanks. :D

Infected whilst using a Standard User Account.

D

Deleted member 178

Earth said:
I don't think you can rely on just an Antivirus to keep you protected. Thanks. :D

That is why he use Shadow Defender now :D

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
umbrapolaris said:
I will go for ESET but i will strongly suggest you to remove Zemana, you don't really need it on your actual system (not very light on RAM and it can't use all its features on x64 system) since you added Mamutu (that is more effective than Zemana and catches Keyloggers too) and ESET (that has an HIPS)
Removed Zemana since its Ram usage was 200Mb+ never noticed it had recently raised to high since last update before it used to be 20-30mb
Thank for the suggestion

By the way the New version works well on 64bit (tested with loads of keyloggers signed and unsigned) except for the high ram usage more than antivirus which is the down side

D

Deleted member 178

200mb is high ! it used to use 40+mb on my system (already too much for me), i think because it monitor files already monitored by ESET and Mamutu.

I meant it works well but not a full capacity.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
umbrapolaris said:

He may use Shadow Defender, but what about the other Standard Account? Since it's a shared computer.

P

Plexx

Why not have a dual boot with linux? Problems solved as the risk of infection is lower than in Windows due to the user's knowledge

D

Deleted member 178

Earth said:
He may use Shadow Defender, but what about the other Standard Account? Since it's a shared computer.

I think his wife is very smart and has very advanced computer knowledge , fainting ignorance so she pretend to infect unvoluntarily his computer in the malicious scheme to subconciously force him to buy her a brand new laptop... :triniti:

:D

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
Earth said:

Infected whilst using a Standard User Account.

I guess 'Earth' You misunderstood
I have never been infected for almost 2 years now That too only using CIS
And it was my wife who got me infected maybe by turning off all the protection and i do use Virtualization Mostly in VMware Worksation but this time i will try shadow defender also since i have the licence for it and it seems secure and light on system
Thanks

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
Earth said:
umbrapolaris said:

It was a shared computer for only a month now hat my wife has a new laptop there is no one using my laptop accept me

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
Biozfear said:
Why not have a dual boot with linux? Problems solved as the risk of infection is lower than in Windows due to the user's knowledge
I cant dual boot linux cause i already have dual boot windows and mac

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Is Shadow Defender still being updated? Seems abandoned...

Outdated product?

D

Deleted member 178

Discontinued but still efficient.

A suspicious website hold the v.331 that is known to not be made by the original developer. i'm using the v.326

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
MrXidus said:
Is Shadow Defender still being updated? Seems abandoned...

Outdated product?
I Guess Not since Most Recent Update was on Source
Version 1.1.0.331 is released.
Version 1.1.0.325 is released.
Version 1.1.0.315 is released.

D

Deleted member 178

.331 is suspicious but many users don't have any issues with it.

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
umbrapolaris said:
.331 is suspicious but many users don't have any issues with it.

Full Change log and update history http://www.shadowdefender.com/history.html

Its only updated to version .325
Both version .326 and .331 are not mentioned that's really suspicious

By the way where did You get .326 version from ?

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Do you have SD password protected?
Hey Umbra can you send me the version your using?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.