loveboy_lion Config

pcjunklist

Level 1
Dec 28, 2011
random times, it happened enough for me to change the update and scan schedule for EAM to a specific time which has seemed to take care of the problem. Their consumption of resources fluxuate all day, EAM is usually pretty steady but CIS is all over the place.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
loveboy_lion said:
Earth said:
Still overkill, come back again when either laptops get infected.

Now Why do you think its overkill Please Explain?

Earth said:
Maybe get some web filtering via DNS, through the Internet Options.
I have Have Norton DNS for web filtering and also thinking of adding bitdefender traffic light but don't know if it will conflict with ESET web filter or not So for now held back on that

Thanks

Eset's web filter is very good, so I wouldn't mess with trafficlight

D

Deleted member 178

loveboy_lion said:
BAD NEWS GUYS I installed EAM with ESET installed everything went fine but the file guard of EAM wont Enable and cannot be enabled Maybe it recognises ESET and automatically turns of scan guard every thing else is enabled and working any ideas or suggestion to fix or another antivirus i should use along with ESET

you see it on the tray icon or by the main interface of EAM? exclusions were made on both apps?

I too am thinking the same but just now did a test with these samples in the link and the results were Too good to be true

nothing special there, EAM is topnotch at detection; among the better engine available (not to say the better), ESET is very efficient too.

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
My Computer Response Time with ESET is Pretty Good the only settings i have modified under all scans and realtime protection is
1) Enabled Detect Potentially Unsafe Applications
2) Cleaning Mode Set to "Strict Cleaning"
3) Ignored The following Extension from all scans "ISO"
4) Added EAM folder to exclusion list

ESET HAS Two Processes of which combined Ram Usage is always between 90-100mb but that's not a problem since its very light on CPU ( It feels like I am without Antivirus )
Never Seen The CPU above 5% mostly stays at 0% when in background
CPU usage is 50-70% during manual scan and ram almost 200mb (doesn't drag the system)
I think It Does Not Scan Files After a Smart-scan except of if it finds something new

EAM also has two Processes of which combined Ram usage is always below 5mb ( may be since file guard is not active and for some reason cannot be enabled at all)
Never Got Any Alerts Yet Like i Used to Get with Mamutu
All ESET Processes are Excluded in Application Rules

D

Deleted member 178

that is quite odd, try to uninstall it, reboot, clean the registry with ccleaner, reinstall it.

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
pcjunklist said:
I have CIS + EAM on a laptop and they seem to run great together. The only negative is that they do hog a lot of system resources, especially if they update at the same time.

Cant say about EAM but when CIS is updating it every time creates a new temp update file with unknown extension ( I don't remember the exact extension right now) and then replaces the old "bases.cav" file with the new one ( this happens every time it updates its database)
EAM must be scanning the temp update file which CIS creates which is the reason why our system drags at updating
you may add the folder or temp update file or extension to exclusion in EAM

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
umbrapolaris said:
that is quite odd, try to uninstall it, reboot, clean the registry with ccleaner, reinstall it.
I tried two times once with comodo program manager and once with normal uninstall and both times scanned registry and files with ccleaner
Now this is my 3 install and still the same

D

Deleted member 178

loveboy_lion said:
should i try removing ESET and then install EAM and then again install ESET ?

yes try it, maybe the HIPS of ESET may block the processes of EAM

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
Good News Guys
I removed Both ESET AND EAM
Then Installed EAM and Configured it
Then Installed ESET and Configured it
Now both are working fine with each other all guards are active
Does not Feel heavy except Ram usage for both are almost same 70-80mb each right now and CPU usage for both is MAX 5% for now , will check again after full scan by both to see anything has changed

D

Deleted member 178

Ok good :D EAM works will almost all suites.

EAM RAM usage will decrease with time, and stay around 5-10mb except during updates where it rises to 200+mb

set EAM's File guard on executed (you will gain perf)

Now your config is very secured and quite light.

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
I Noticed that Ram and CPU Usage of EAM is too High During Full Scan 700Mb+ and after full scan total Ram and CPU usage of EAM is almost 10Mb
Does EAM Really use that much RAM all The time during scans ?
Not a Fan of EAM so dont know much
see screenshots for more

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
bitbizket said:
loveboy_lion said:
I Noticed that Ram and CPU Usage of EAM is too High During Full Scan 700Mb+ and after full scan total Ram and CPU usage of EAM is almost 10Mb
Does EAM Really use that much RAM all The time during scans ?
Not a Fan of EAM so dont know much
see screenshots for more

This is normal for dual engine antivirus. You see a faster scan times and a thorough scans thus it uses more memory. I only have 2GB, not to worry after all it had little affect on overall performance.

EDITED
Just notice you also have ESET working together. Use either one which you feel comfortable the most. Using multiple AV doesn't make it more secure in fact can cause slowdowns and conflicts can occur even both seems to be working fine together.

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
everything is working fine no slow downs or conflicts yet
will further test with malwares and suspicious sites to see if they conflict or no

P

Plexx

ESET with EAM still a bit of Overkill in my opinion.

If you were to put a low detection rate AV along with EAM I could understand but that ain't the case.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Have you added both to exclusions?

D

Deleted member 178

bitbizket said:
Just notice you also have ESET working together. Use either one which you feel comfortable the most. Using multiple AV doesn't make it more secure in fact can cause slowdowns and conflicts can occur even both seems to be working fine together.

This is true but not in the case with EAM , EAM is still a companion AV, and it improve the overall security via its BB and great detection rate. I did many personal tests in my real system as well in a VM machine, no issues with CIS (in my case).

700mb is quite high , a quick scan on my system use around 300mb.

D

Deleted member 178

When you do a fullscan it is recommended that you turn off the RT guard of the other security apps, so you will avoid a "double-scan" of the file, that may result in a increase of RAM usage.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.