lsass.exe infected, no internet

dreamz

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 29, 2017
is it safe to d/l farbar to usb then plug in to infected laptop? i have no admin privies as well. will that affect d/l into infected? i clicked logs since it is required, but have no way of getting them before i know usb is safe.

dreamz

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 29, 2017
ok, got them uploaded. i activated the built in admin account, but nothing loads

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    27.6 KB · Views: 3
  • FRST.txt
    121.7 KB · Views: 3

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
FRST.gif
Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif
This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine.
icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif
Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.
icon_exclaim.gif

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

• Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finishes FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.

Check Disk
  • Press the
    WindowsKey.png
    on your keyboard. Type cmd and right click >> Run as Administrator.
  • Copy/Enter the command below and press Enter:
  • Code:
    chkdsk C: /r
  • You should get a message to schedule Check Disk at next system restart. Please type Y and press Enter.
  • All you should do now is to restart your PC and let the Check Disk process finish uninterrupted.
Check Disk report:
  • Press the
    WindowsKey.png
    + R on your keyboard at the same time. Type eventvwr and click OK.
  • In the left panel, expand Windows Logs and then click on Application.
  • Now, on the right side, click on Filter Current Log.
  • Under Event Sources, check only Wininit and click OK.
  • Now you'll be presented with one or multiple Wininit logs.
  • Click on an entry corresponding to the date and time of the disk check.
  • On the top main menu, click Action > Copy > Copy Details as Text.
  • Paste the contents into your next reply.

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    10.2 KB · Views: 9

dreamz

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 29, 2017
I am now at black screen. at first cursor is not blinking. there is no way for me to get to a place to even open the files on laptop now. i feel that someone has taken over. i can get to bios to reset to default boot and make changes there but even if i did the laptop never does a normal shutdown, it just hangs. even with an emergency boot stick. i bought this from my son last year. i called him to ask what he had done before i got it. he said was originally W10, but downgraded to W8. Not sure if that makes a difference as you saw all the information. yes i downloaded before, but you wrote that this was made specifically for that laptop. i just needed clarification on that...thank you. i unplugged everything, even opened up and disconnected the battery. how do i get out of that screen? i shall wait for your reply. and thanks for your time, it does not go unnoted. i wish i could afford to buy you a keg, sounds like you deserve it.

Jenn

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
I don't know what kind of black screen that is. When does that happen? As soon as you start your laptop or when system boot is in progress?

dreamz

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 29, 2017
i THATturn on lp, (can get into bios setup to check boot sequence, will not shut down to save changes even if i wanted to), there is 1st screen, once o left click that screen lifts and goes to my login screen, login, hangs forever, at first is was blinking with cursor blinking, cant do anything...tsk manger etc. did hard boot, unplugged battery, hit power few times before plugging in. got to black screen and movable cursor but when i tried to get to task manager it went to blinking. late last night i put in thumb drive plugged in and was able to get to the restore, reset ect. page. i clicked command promt, took me to x:windows\system32. i was trying to run the code to start the tool, but i tried several times, not know what <> mean or il, if i put in ", im just not THAT savvy. im pretty sure virus/malware came from pc pro dude. he was sticking to every page i opened, would end task, he just came back until it got to the point where i am now. i'd like to do a check on this little chromebook next only because i have been transferring files from infected LT to usb to here to upload to you. i was able to get into notebook as you ask above. i was able to see my entire system, which brings me to my next question...if im on x drive, what about my c drive thats infected. i could be wrong but looking at the fixlist its for c drive. when i was able to get to a command prompt it took me to x drive. and there was a push button drive that was all red. i am about to plug in battery, insert thumb drive again and hope that it takes me to where i was last night. i didnt want to open a desktop from there because there are 2. seems this x drive is having fun...i ran dir cmd to see all the system32 files, im at a loss. should i attempt to copy x drive? when i get to a cmd prompt and type in the code any way, it does return that span is not an internal or external path?? i was tired. ive been working on this for a few weeks now it seems and has consumed so much of my time. you have no idea how much i appreciate finding a reputable site to deal with. i know you have links to a few, and i have gone there, even to read manual on frst.exe.

dreamz

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 29, 2017
i am at advanced options and not sure what to do. usb is plugged in. how to i run from command prompt?

dreamz

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 29, 2017
i got the frst64.exe to open and scan, its fixing now. i am curious why i have an x drive that is the admin. weird stuff. push button drive is red. i will attach logs after scans are done. im still having a hard time trying to read the cmd instructions. i found how to open it fairly easy once i knew what to type. i know you are very busy and truly do appreciate everything you are doing, I would like to understand what all that means. I will go read more in your tutorials as my time permits. the fix has been running for about 20+ minutes, is this normal?

dreamz

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 29, 2017
scan tool is still going and going. start over? its been going for hours now.

dreamz

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 29, 2017
the scan would not stop. i eventually stopped it. i read at the bottom of the log that it can't be fixed through recovery services. so i am not sure what to do. i am in x drive, which has its own system and admin, im not sure, but if there was a hacker, being that there are so many users on my machine, im guessing this is their stuff. ill see if i can open desktop from com prompt so run this from correct place.

Attachments

• Fixlog.txt
    12.3 KB · Views: 3

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Sorry for a late response. Can you boot your PC now? The fix I provided isn't intended to be used in recovery mode, I will need a fresh FRST scan report from recovery in order to make a fixlist for you.

dreamz

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 29, 2017
just getting to where i can sit down for a moment and try. that was the only way i could get to a promt atm. i can get to bios, im using a boot disk and trying to figure how to maybe open TO a prompt without being in recovery mode. unplugging battery again and try. ill await any suggestions. otherwise i can only get into recovery mode or bios, so far. im gonna keep researching other ways. im just blocked and cant even get a total shutdown.

dreamz

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 29, 2017
this is what i have

Attachments

• FRST_04-04-2017 15.13.51.txt
    109.2 KB · Views: 1
  • FRST_05-04-2017 23.25.04.txt
    109.2 KB · Views: 1

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Download attached fixlist.txt and save it to your USB flashdrive as fixlist.txt

>> Boot into Recovery Environment

Start FRST in a similar manner to when you ran a scan earlier, but this time when it opens ....
  • Press the Fix button once and wait.
  • FRST will process fixlist.txt
  • When finished, it will produce a log fixlog.txt on your USB flashdrive.

>> Exit out of Recovery Environment and post me the log please.

Try to boot Windows normally...

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 2

dreamz

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 29, 2017
trying to be patient, but it still hangs on boot. wanted to get this log to you

Attachments

• Fixlog.txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 3

dreamz

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 29, 2017
black screen not blinking after long hang, brink up ctrl alt del, when i hit task manager black screen n cursor blinking

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.