Advanced Security M4RT1NE2 Security Configuration 2024

  • Thread starter Thread starter ForgottenSeer 94633
  • Start date Start date
Last updated
Feb 20, 2023
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
macOS 15 Sequoia
On-device encryption
Windows BitLocker / Device Encryption
Device sign-in security
    • Windows Hello PIN or biometric sign-in (face / fingerprint / Touch ID)
Security updates
Allow security updates
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
On
Network firewall
Enabled
Real-time protection
Microsoft Defender + WHHL
Device firewall
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Custom security settings
Auto playback - disabled
O&O shut up 11 (recommended settings)
O&O App Buster ((system slimmed down)
Periodic malware scanners
Scan once a month using the following scanners:
  • EMSISOFT
  • Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
  • NPE
  • KVRT
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
None
Browsers and extensions
Google Chrome with
  • Ublock Origin
  • AVG Online Security
Secure DNS
Quad9 DNS
Desktop VPN
Windscribe VPN
Password and passkey manager
KeePass 2.x
Maintenance tools
HiBit Uninstaller
BleachBit
CCleaner
File and photo backups
Hasleo Backup Suite
AOMEI Backupper Standard
Subscriptions
    • None
System recovery
Once every fortnight, the entire system partition is copied to an external drive.
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Visiting unknown or untrusted websites
    • Working from home
    • Opening email attachments
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
Computer specs
ACER AN515-54-551F
Feedback preference

Suggestions on the main improvements

It was supposed to be after Emsisoft installed BDTS and it was...But however, I made a return to AVG IS. Why ? The reason is one. Less resource consumption. I have nothing against Bitdefender. It is a very good choice. But working on a laptop (such as browsing the Internet) is a bit slow. It is faster than Emsisoft but still causes slowdowns.
Therefore, the choice (long planned) fell on AVG.
Protection - very good.
I finally have the luxury of browsing with security.

AVG IS consumes much less memory and is very good
Thanks to @Shadowra
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It was supposed to be after Emsisoft installed BDTS and it was...But however, I made a return to AVG IS. Why ? The reason is one. Less resource consumption. I have nothing against Bitdefender. It is a very good choice. But working on a laptop (such as browsing the Internet) is a bit slow. It is faster than Emsisoft but still causes slowdowns.
Therefore, the choice (long planned) fell on AVG.
Protection - very good.
I finally have the luxury of browsing with security.

AVG IS consumes much less memory and is very good
Thanks to @Shadowra
How is browsing speed with AVG IS? On my PC, it's very fast. Doesn't seem like a product that's doing HTTPS scanning. How's it on your laptop?
 
I have owned the free version of Bitdefender for a month now. All other licences have run out.
I cannot change my details on my profile again.
I do not know why.
I hope that for normal internet surfing the free version of Bitdefender will protect me.
 
You should edit the config this way:

1709981337126.png
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Continue exploring the conversation.

Back
Top