Advanced Security M4RT1NE2 Security Configuration 2024

  • Thread starter Thread starter ForgottenSeer 94633
  • Start date Start date
Last updated
Feb 20, 2023
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
macOS 15 Sequoia
On-device encryption
Windows BitLocker / Device Encryption
Device sign-in security
    • Windows Hello PIN or biometric sign-in (face / fingerprint / Touch ID)
Security updates
Allow security updates
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
On
Network firewall
Enabled
Real-time protection
Microsoft Defender + WHHL
Device firewall
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Custom security settings
Auto playback - disabled
O&O shut up 11 (recommended settings)
O&O App Buster ((system slimmed down)
Periodic malware scanners
Scan once a month using the following scanners:
  • EMSISOFT
  • Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
  • NPE
  • KVRT
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
None
Browsers and extensions
Google Chrome with
  • Ublock Origin
  • AVG Online Security
Secure DNS
Quad9 DNS
Desktop VPN
Windscribe VPN
Password and passkey manager
KeePass 2.x
Maintenance tools
HiBit Uninstaller
BleachBit
CCleaner
File and photo backups
Hasleo Backup Suite
AOMEI Backupper Standard
Subscriptions
    • None
System recovery
Once every fortnight, the entire system partition is copied to an external drive.
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Visiting unknown or untrusted websites
    • Working from home
    • Opening email attachments
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
Computer specs
ACER AN515-54-551F
Feedback preference

Suggestions on the main improvements

I have an extension enabled in Firefox - HTTPS Everywhere.

And in FF settings:

HTTPS only use mode I have Enable in all windows checked

What is the point of using the HTTPS Everywhere extension in this situation?
The settings are duplicated.
Can I remove it?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
One more important thing. Please disable JavaScript in documents opened in Firefox to prevent scripting attacks in your browser. By default scripts in opened PDFs are allowed. Turn it off as done here:
 
Last edited:
In my case there were changes in configuration.
Today I removed Sandboxie Plus and Mozilla Firefox completely.
I added Opera as main browser.

The reason for the change ?

Already with Chrome in Sandbox browsing the Internet became slower. Then with Firefox it seemed fine already.
But after some time it also turned out that everything goes slower.

The time has come for Opera, to which I tried some time ago. I used the portable version for a long time.
Today I installed it normally and really everything works faster.
I do not want to go into what was the reason - I guess it was Sandboxie.

If anything, I have a copy of the previous setup (FF + Sandboxie) Macrium Reflect.
 
Due to lack of work at home I'm testing AVIRA Free Security (Opera add-ons - Avira Browser Safety + Avira Safe Shopping) from today to Sunday

Some of you will probably say that this is a "shot in the knee" for me

The rest of the security features remain unchanged
 
Hello
Another day of testing AVIRA passes

Does the free version of AVIRA Free Security use the cloud during scanning ?
I do not see this in the program options.
I cannot find information about this anywhere.
From what I found, the Pro version uses the cloud. Is it only Pro ?
 
Hello
Another day of testing AVIRA passes

Does the free version of AVIRA Free Security use the cloud during scanning ?
I do not see this in the program options.
I cannot find information about this anywhere.
From what I found, the Pro version uses the cloud. Is it only Pro ?
The free version also has it. You can even configure it to ask for your permission before sending a file to the cloud.
 
setup_TKjNPAFgmS.png

Everything is OK :)
 
This seems to be normal. Every premium user will be prioritized.
Unfortunately, users of the free versions are a bit disadvantaged. As they say - something for something. But it is still not bad ;)
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Continue exploring the conversation.

Back
Top