- Aug 17, 2014
If you are using the backup software Macrium Reflect, you may know that it relied solely on the Windows Task Scheduler for backup tasks. The new Macrium Reflect 7.3 update introduces support for a native task scheduler that users of the software may use instead.
Macrium highlights the main reason for making the change in the "new in Macrium Reflect 7.3" support article on the company website:
"We've integrated our own scheduler into Macrium Service to replace the default Windows Task Scheduler (WTS). WTS has been the only method for scheduling Macrium Reflect backups for many years, but unfortunately it's been plagued with reliability problems surrounding Daylight Savings Time (DST) changes and no longer provides the quality of operation required by Macrium Reflect."
Source: Macrium Reflect 7.3 backup software update introduces native task scheduler - gHacks Tech NewsMacrium Reflect 7.3 features several other changes besides the scheduling change described above:
The new release fixes two issues:
- Import and Export context menu options were added, and a Import toolbar button is available as well.
- Macrium Image Guardian has a new Volumes tab to enable or disable the feature for individual volumes.
- OpenSSL integration enhancements.
The new version of Macrium Reflect is available on the company website. A limited free version is available for download, as are various paid and business versions.
- When removing a USB attached storage device, an APC_INDEX_MISMATCH BSoD could be generated if there was an outstanding kernel lock on the device.
- After performing a restore of a non-system volume for which CBT had been enabled, CBT could become disabled on that volume and would not re-enable until the system had been restarted.