Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

Reflect Home - Annual Plan $49.99 / Year​

• Home Exclusive Support includes Direct access to our experts with a maximum same day (24 hours) response for the lifetime of your plan
  • One free setup call getting you started if needed
  • Access all future releases (new features & latest fixes)
  • Email, Customer Forum and Knowledgebase included

Last edited:

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
US$ 50/year/device or US$ 70/device and you pay nothing more unless you are really interested in updating to the next major version.

Let me see:

• 2023-01-30 Macrium Reflect 8.1 released (build 8.1.7280)
  • 2021-05-17 Macrium Reflect 8.0 released (build 8.0.5903)
  • 2020-10-14 Macrium Reflect 7.3 released (build 7.3.5281)
  • 2017-09-29 Macrium Reflect 7.2 released (build 7.2.3811)
  • 2017-09-28 Macrium Reflect 7.1 released (build 7.1.2602)
  • 2017-02-27 Macrium Reflect 7.0 released (build 7.0.1994)
  • 2015-02-16 Macrium Reflect 6.0 released
  • 2011-06-01 Macrium Reflect 5.0 released
So 4 years for the next major version? I certainly can see what the best deal is... Unless they just start to bump version numbers for the sake of it

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Just yesterday,I botched up my main computer(installing then un -installing in safe mode something happened first no internet then everything was going very slow and one drive could not connect,so I tried system restore 3 x did not work,tried restore kept stoping at 62 percent, also before this tried Macrium kept recycling, finallyI just left Macrium run it took way longer cycled for a time then suddenly it worked now computer is back to normal what a relief!

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
Use the Eazy fix or RollBack Rx Pro ( both are the same program)
If I don't mix up the names in my head than "Rolback Rx Pro" is a "snapshot" program NOT an backup program. Hard pc shutdown leading to corrupted snapshots or something like that made me realize the difference :D
I haven't had anything so far that an redeploying of an backup from an external HDD couldn't get fix (with macrium). Rollback rx burned me twice and I never looked back after that again.

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
O&o disk image is as good as MR? The first can be found free in v17
O&O DiskImage is not bad I use it here for backup and restore, the only cons of O&O DiskImage is that the backup is slower compared to MR, but O&O DiskImage has a recovery partition feature that you can create, and this I loved this feature was bonus for me, this without changing MBR and without adding menu on boot, it is fully integrated in Windows. If your OS crashes or fails and even you accidentally format the c:\ O&O DiskImage automatically starts WinPE and you restore the backup image returning your OS to full working order.;)

lyldz

Level 2
Verified
Jun 4, 2016
O&O DiskImage is not bad I use it here for backup and restore, the only cons of O&O DiskImage is that the backup is slower compared to MR, but O&O DiskImage has a recovery partition feature that you can create, and this I loved this feature was bonus for me, this without changing MBR and without adding menu on boot, it is fully integrated in Windows. If your OS crashes or fails and even you accidentally format the c:\ O&O DiskImage automatically starts WinPE and you restore the backup image returning your OS to full working order.;)
I don't fully understand your last post.there is no startup booting etc. like in other applications.but there is an application to create a recovery partition.so how exactly does it work.or how to activate it.in which case this partition I created works.can you help me?

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
I have had Macrium Home versions 6, 7 and 8. They are virtually identical - each version has a slightly different user interface but that’s all. The only point in upgrading is to make sure the product is regularly patched etc.

If Macrium started releasing new versions every year then I may look elsewhere. I have two Windows PCs and it would not be worth paying $100 every 12 months when there are cheaper alternatives available.

PS- how does Macrium compare with Acronis? Are they similar?

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
which one?
M0HvL5R.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.