Solved Mailware keeps coming back + Physicaldrive virus showed up in AVG

I ran it and rebooted. It found 1 malicious item and "cured" it. I see 2 reports so they are attached. I'm guessing the newer one occurred after the reboot. I'll let you know if this cured the problem. Thanks as always!
 

Attachments

The PC performance has certainly picked up (dramatically). I only experienced 1 problem. I tried to open a website (NPR) with no luck. When I clicked to go to another site NPR popped up briefly then it went to the other site (this was one of the problems I initially told you about... it's as if something is blocking certain sites). As I said, it only happened to that 1 site. Aside from that, I haven't experienced any problems. I'll try some more tomorrow and will keep you updated. Thanks for your continued help!
 
I activated the "add ons" and it's enabled me to go on websites I haven't gone on before (in the last couple of weeks). Tonight, for the hell of it, I'm going to do a Super Anti Spyware scan to see if those other malware are coming back (usually in the hundreds). Is it common to have "some" mallware on a PC, even it you only visit "trusted sites"? Again, thanks so much for your help... I'll be buying you a beer soon.
 
As I mentioned, the PC was running better but I still had problems with a few websites (+ loading pics and buffering on Youtube)... but I found the problem... AVG free version. I've been using this for around 15 years without a problem. Lately I was seeing a lot of AVG pop ups promoting they're paid service plus their control panel was geared towards getting you to go pay. In any case I pulled the plug, on AVG, and all is well. I'll utilize something that works better for me. Thanks again for helping to remove some crap on my PC! It certainly helped and is appreciated. BTW, I'll send you enough $, for a drink or 2, in the near future... when business picks up for me. Thanks again!! .
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top