Make your video test requests!

Xtwillight

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2014
I am clear about it, Roger M.
Many people have tested security programs here and that in other forums, I too.
I still find it important to test small software manufacturers.
Perhaps one or the other manufacturer develops something new that offers good protection.
Innovations do not always have to come from the big manufacturers.

best regards

Xtwillight

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2014
Sure, but that is not the case here. I have tested it before and it had a very low detection rate.
I know what you said in 2018 in the Wilders Security Forum.
What I don't know if you did the test in 2018 or later.
And I think you should test the manufacturer of security software from time to time.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I know what you said in 2018 in the Wilders Security Forum.
What I don't know if you did the test in 2018 or later.
And I think you should test the manufacturer of security software from time to time.
I last tested it in 2020. I read the changelogs every time they release a new version and there have been no changes, which I have thought would have made any significant difference. If there had been, I would have tested it again. Having said that, it's very rare for a terrible product to ever get significantly better. I say that as someone who regularly tests lesser known security products and often retests them when a new version is released.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
@Shadowra is if feasilbe and reasonable to devise a test of Sandboxie-Plus in terms of its browser containment as another security layer? I've started using sbie+ after Dan added Windows Sandbox features to CyberLock. I see sbie+ has 6 levels of preset "hardening" and in the default seting sbie+ is perhaps a little more user friendly than Win Sandbox, although Win Sandbox is probably the better containment. I am currently using both depending on what I'm doing, and I like the benefits of both, but also wondering if the current development of sbie+ is secure, ie, what limitations if any? There was a heated discussion about which is better circa 2019 IIRC (Win Sandbox v sbie) but I'm not finding that link at the moment.

Last edited:

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
@Shadowra is if feasilbe and reasonable to devise a test of Sandboxie-Plus in terms of its browser containment as another security layer? I'nt.
+1 If you decide to do that please use the "Standard Sandbox" for at least one test (and whichever boxes you fancy afterwards if you are still in a testing mood) to see which protection is offered on default for the free users.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.