Make your video test requests!

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
Harmony Endpoint. Crowdstrike Falcon. Hard_Configurator with WD. Also test AppGuard with WD.

Not sure if these have been done, haven't caught up on your recent tests except for MBAM test Shadowra.

Can't Decide

Level 1
Dec 15, 2023
@Shadowra is if feasilbe and reasonable to devise a test of Sandboxie-Plus in terms of its browser containment as another security layer? I've started using sbie+ after Dan added Windows Sandbox features to CyberLock. I see sbie+ has 6 levels of preset "hardening" and in the default seting sbie+ is perhaps a little more user friendly than Win Sandbox, although Win Sandbox is probably the better containment. I am currently using both depending on what I'm doing, and I like the benefits of both, but also wondering if the current development of sbie+ is secure, ie, what limitations if any? There was a heated discussion about which is better circa 2019 IIRC (Win Sandbox v sbie) but I'm not finding that link at the moment.
I would like to see that too since it can help people deciding whether to go for Windows pro just for their sandbox and their Windows VM features.

I only know Windows Sandbox are hard to config, which people can't find its setting compare to Sandboxie-Plus, which can alert what program trying to acces internet (if you block all internet access with alert).

Windows Sandbox vs Sandboxie-Plus (free/basic version),
Microsoft Hyper-V (Windows VM) vs VirtualBox.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I'm waiting for your K7 Total Security ( MAT edition ) test, @Shadowra , and if possible Norton Antivirus Plus . Thank you in advance.👍❤️ . I'm excited.
She tested the MAT edition of K7 Ultimate Security in late 2022 and it performed poorly. I doubt it would do any better today.
For the protection, I am disappointed.
Although K7 is good on the Web, it is bad on files.
Many attacks pass without detection, K7 manages to block many of them, but the machine is quickly infected...

Too bad, not recommendable.

Kongo

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
She tested the MAT edition of K7 Ultimate Security in late 2022 and it performed poorly. I doubt it would do any better today.

He* 👀

Virtuoso

Level 3
Feb 21, 2022
It will be nice to see a review of ESET NOD32 version, not the EIS and ESSP, there is not a single review of NOD32 version on this forum and even other websites ignore this version:

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
It will be nice to see a review of ESET NOD32 version, not the EIS and ESSP, there is not a single review of NOD32 version on this forum and even other websites ignore this version:

I am running ESET NOD32 in win10_VM. I run it with Cyberlock 7.70 & Windows Firewall Control WFC. It's light. VM not infected as far as I can tell... fwiw...

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
@Shadowra CryptoPrevent (d7ztech.com) free & premium versions. Any point in testing it as a supplement, perhaps with MS Defender? And if anyway to tell if it would play well with CyberLock or @Andy Ful apps, or is it comparable, instead of, as good as, or better???
Appears last update was May 2023, but seems to be under subscription, ie, therefore maintained :unsure:

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
@Shadowra CryptoPrevent (d7ztech.com) free & premium versions. Any point in testing it as a supplement, perhaps with MS Defender? And if anyway to tell if it would play well with CyberLock or @Andy Ful apps, or is it comparable, instead of, as good as, or better???
Appears last update was May 2023, but seems to be under subscription, ie, therefore maintained :unsure:

Useless with CL or WHHLight personally.
I had seen that it had not been updated for 1 year. I don't have any more info :/

lyldz

Level 2
Verified
Jun 4, 2016
I know you are busy, I don't want more product reviews like request parts, but we need a test for intego. I'd be happy to add it to your list, even if it's at the end.

Ekran Alıntısı.PNG

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I know you are busy, I don't want more product reviews like request parts, but we need a test for intego. I'd be happy to add it to your list, even if it's at the end.
Intego on a macOS? -- well about 15 or 20 years ago, it sucked and borked macbookpro. (webroot was worse than Intego). Proceed with caution with extra security on macOS IMO. :cautious:

Gangelo

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 29, 2017
Have you considered doing just web protection tests for some products?
I have been wondering how effective the web protection (browsing security module) of Adguard Premium is and cannot find a relevant test online.
I think it would be interesting to see how effective a system security is with hardened defender (DefenderUI) + Adguard browsing security set to ON.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.