Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello :)

Tonight, I'm releasing the video about Kaspersky!
However, the next videos will be a bit late, I'm in the process of moving and I'll be done on December 13th.
On the 5th, a technician comes for Internet, to install me the Fiber in my new apartment (and I change ISP)

@Zero Knowledge : I'll let you know when I test it to get a key for the test :)

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
I'd like to request a test for Gryphon Guardian router. It uses ESET.
Maybe you order it and then refund it.

I've been looking at it a bit, too bad they don't have a Wifi 6 version, I could have been interested in that for my home.
I'll ask them if they have a trial with reimbursement of their Mesh

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I've been looking at it a bit, too bad they don't have a Wifi 6 version, I could have been interested in that for my home.
I'll ask them if they have a trial with reimbursement of their Mesh
fwiw my son has Gryphon Guardian router, and he likes it, but I doubt he gets into it any deeper than setting it up. I suggested he buy it and have not heard any complaints or questions from him. He's had it about a year. Now I'm curious to see what logs if any that it keeps.

Edit: correction my son has the Gryphon Tower the original model. I thought they used to advertise about having antivirus filtering, but don't see that on their website. I could be mistaken, but I see @Victor M referenced ESET which is vaguely what I thought, but my first look at their website this am I did not see any reference to ESET?? I just chatted with Felix at Gryphon, I asked about ESET, he replied Premium Protection, with link following, $7.50 / mo but that page does not mention ESET and now doubting or unclear whether Premium scan downloads for malware, but probably has web filters we get other ways.

Last edited:

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
a Dr.Web Security Space test would be great when it's possible
After the latest update, one of the Dr.Web staffers(Dev actually) on their forum made a bold claim : YouTube Testers will be happy finally, he says.
Now he probably is not only talking about Youtubers who test security products but also our Malware Hunters / AV Testers here at MT and other similiar forums ( if any left )
Since the Update is directly targeted Dr.Web protection improvements especially against Ransomwares and it's behavioral blocker module AKA Prevention Protection.
i'd say it's a great time to give it a try.

Hopefully we'll see a real change and the claim was not in result of drinking too much Vodka in early morning.

Thank You for your work btw @Shadowra , much appreciated.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
You mean had, i suppose, or have you tried it again in present time?
Not for two years. But it did so badly, I doubt it has improved much since then. Aside from my testing, if was any good, it it would receive some attention on security forums, rather than close to zero as it does now. But you're welcome to try it for yourself and form your own conclusion.

Reactions: franz and vonvon

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello ;)

I am currently on vacation from my job with good news.
During my Christmas vacations, you will have 1 video per day (except Christmas)
So you will be able to enjoy test videos and to get out the videos that are late :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.