shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
The malware author had to wait for a fair amount of time for all people to get it and then push the malware download to all computers with the affected version. Ccleaner team identified the breach before that and took down the server and issued an update to the program.
That makes sense.

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
Holly f*** i was using exactly the 5.33 version till now and neither Bitdefender or Kaspersky AV flagged the Ccleaner as malware ?! :eek: Anyway uninstalled the software and needs to look for an alternative. I actually had a silent dislike towards Ccleaner for the past few months for no specific reasons despite I continued using it and my intuition and dislike towards the software was genuine!
I download this version and Kaspersky mark it as malware:
000555.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.