Solved Malware in Media Player?

Moorisheagle

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 23, 2014
Hi,
Last week I ran a Slideshow, that stopped with the Windows message "An error is preventing this Slide Show from playing OK?" A blue underlined link appeared "How can I improve my Slide Show visuals? Clicking on that is suggested putting all my photos into the Library. Well, I never usually use the library; I don't like it. But I did load them there, and they appeared to run ok. I then checked running a bunch of short videos, most ran o.k. But then sometime the show would stop at the end of film and not load the next film. This morning Malwarebytes Web Protection was turned off and only came on later after doing a Scan! Very odd.
Pleas find attached files that may help. Only 1 PUP was found.

I forward to hearing from you, and I hope I've selected the correct forum?

Moorisheagle.

Attachments

• FRST Addition.txt
    57.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Malwarebytes Scan Report 17 01 2019.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 2

Moorisheagle

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 23, 2014
Hi,
Thanks for coming back to me I've found the most recent FRST.txt report
Moorisheagle

Attachments

• FRST_17-01-2019 16.36.39.txt
    63.2 KB · Views: 1

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.