Troubleshoot Malware /Virus Help for Android

ltina992

Thread author
Dec 14, 2017
This all started when I tried to convert a youtube clip to a mp3. I learned a lesson of a lifetime. I was on this site called clip converter cc. I have used this many times on my phone with no problems. Lately the site has been infected with a lot of malware, I caught up too late. I tried to download the mp3 and it installed something to hijack my browser without me knowing.

The virus is Search ABC Launcher. I saw steps to remove it on a computer. The steps to remove it on Android is not working. I have done a "clear data/ factory reset" on my phone two times. Search abc launcher is still there when I use google chrome.

I also tried to switch the search engine to Yahoo. Its still there.

Here is how I know its still there. See attached files. The search suggestions underneath is not normal. It even infiltrated my google play store.

I want to know how to get rid of this damn thing. I recently purchased Spy Hunter4 for my laptop. I haven't seen that on my lap top for 2 days now. Its not on my laptop but my phone . I was thinking if its associated with my google chrome account, it should have gotten to my laptop as well. Please Help !

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-12-14-18-20-24.png
    Screenshot_2017-12-14-18-20-24.png
    58.9 KB · Views: 493
  • Screenshot_2017-12-14-18-20-57.png
    Screenshot_2017-12-14-18-20-57.png
    52.5 KB · Views: 520

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.