• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

valvaris

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 26, 2015
Yes. But also, it doesn't turn off Windows defender. You can switch it off if you want. Depends on you :)

Hello :D

that is not true... All you need to do is set the Option to "always register" like this Windows Security Center will Accept Malwarebytes as a Standalone AV.

2016-12-11_01-22-39.jpg

Malwarebytes FAQ Link: Malwarebytes 3.0 - Frequently Asked Questions

Sincerely
Val.

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
I am extremely disappointed with this final release. It does not work on my PC and I cannot get any help:(
I think this version is not much than a beta and is only a lure for consumers and that allows Malwarebytes team to experiment their product with a lot of users and collect the issues
:cool:
Thanks Malwarebytes:thumb: ;)
After this trickery I decided to go elsewhere.:D
Hello,
I like very much Malwarebytes products, so today I try again to unionstall MB3 with Revo and then after reinstalling it, all works fine on this PC.
I run MB3 together Avast Internet Security, Malwarebytes folders are excluded on Avast and with a delay of 30 secondes for the start of MB3 there is no problem for a quick shut down and restart :)

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
What cruelsister is demonstrating is that "true" zero-day malware, no antivirus, antimalware products will be able to stop it, as they are unable to recognise the malware, a bit like an infection you catch/develop the immune system (at first) cannot recognise the pathogens, that's why the HIV virus is so affective. You need layered security. Cruelsister is very intelligent, what would providing a few samples achieve, when new ones are emerging on a hourly basis? It's demonstrating that the current threat envelope can, and will beat all antivirus software, even at enterprise level.

valvaris

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 26, 2015
Hello at all,

I came up with a Security Config and want to ask for your opinion.

How do you like it?
Is it functional?
What we can do better?

My MalwareTips Security Config Topic: PC: SECURE - valvaris Config

Why I build it that way is explained in the Topic as well.

Many Thanks for any Feedback if good or bad all are welcome

Val.

Last edited:
Reactions: AtlBo

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Tried everything, but the pop-up still appears, I've stopped it starting with Windows for now as got ZAM & WAR + HMP running so I'll wait for a later build. Still wondering whether to replace ZAM with Malwarebytes totally as I really like it & I don't seem to suffer with overley large RAM use like some seem too - But all in all I really like Malwarebytes.

Is there any plans to release an update to the original release build which is still on the main site>?

Reactions: AtlBo and DardiM

Anker_by

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 23, 2015
I see some people have some issues with BSOD etc... i hope works good now

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.