Not open for further replies.
K

KGBagent47

I tried
ESET NOD32 Antivirus 10 + Malwarebytes 3.0
Avast Free + Malwarebytes 3.0
Emsisoft antimalware + Malwarebytes 3.0
All working fine, without any conflict.

RAM high usage seems to have been temporary. Now it's just stuck about 120mb-130mb all the time, with no slowdowns. Loving the agressive web protection. :)
Does Windows recognize it as a standalone AV? Glad to here it's working well with other AV.

Reactions: spaceoctopus

Andytay70

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
What i would like to know is, do the standalone products still recieve updates or are they being discontinued?

M

MalwareBlockerYT

I really like the new GUI & MalwareBytes V3 & will be testing it shortly :D

Reactions: Moi61

Neno

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jan 4, 2012
Why my MBAE lifetime key wont work on MBAM 3.0? o_O

They said it would...

aragornnnn Replace your ID/KEY places. That should solve the activation problem. It worked for me (lifetime licence).

Some of you seem to point on its high ram work space. On my configuration it takes less than 70% of other security products (less than 250mb) - (Emsisoft takes more than 350MB, Bitdefender 400+ ... and so on...). Though applications do behave different based on amount of RAM you have installed on (and i do have 32GB).

Reactions: Wordward

Wordward

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
Hey Neno. What do you mean by replace your ID/Key places. I'm getting ready to try version 3.0 and don't want to go through a hassle with my lifetime license. Thanks.

Neno

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jan 4, 2012
Hey Neno. What do you mean by replace your ID/Key places. I'm getting ready to try version 3.0 and don't want to go through a hassle with my lifetime license. Thanks.

When you want to activate your lifetime licence on Malwarebytes v3 with ID/KEY from previous version, put your ID number in KEY column and your KEY in ID column. :)

Reactions: Wordward

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
I am extremely disappointed with this final release. It does not work on my PC and I cannot get any help:(
I think this version is not much than a beta and is only a lure for consumers and that allows Malwarebytes team to experiment their product with a lot of users and collect the issues
:cool:
Thanks Malwarebytes:thumb: ;)
After this trickery I decided to go elsewhere.:D

aragornnnn

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 18, 2016
When you want to activate your lifetime licence on Malwarebytes v3 with ID/KEY from previous version, put your ID number in KEY column and your KEY in ID column. :)

I did that but the "activate key" button does not get highlighted that way

Btw support said this key is not in their database... lol (and yes it did work before)

Reactions: frogboy

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
For those who want to use Malwarebytes 3.0 as a standalone security or combined with another security product.
''Antivirus Replacement'' section may help you on this page. It's well detailed. :)

(Link below for full article)

What is an antivirus replacement, and how can Malwarebytes 3.0 replace my antivirus?
Antivirus replacements utilize signature-less and behavior-based detection technologies to catch the latest and most relevant threats, as opposed to anti-virus programs that rely on large databases of signatures that can quickly become outdated and are typically ineffective against many modern threats. In combination, all of our technologies can replace antivirus if a customer wishes to do so. Over 50% of our home user customers have already replaced their Symantec, McAfee, etc. with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium. We believe in layered defense and built Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium to provide the right mix of proactive and signature-less technologies to combat modern threats and zero-day malware. The combination of our Anti-Malware, Anti-Exploit, Anti-Ransomware, Website Protection, and Remediation technologies provides better coverage against modern and zero-day threats than the traditional antivirus companies that charge more for less effective protection...

Malwarebytes 3.0 - Frequently Asked Questions

Last edited:

Moi61

Level 2
Verified
Mar 19, 2016
I don't have any problem with mine. I have a lifetime license of MBAM that I purchased on 2012. It worked smoothly with Malwarebytes 3.0. I am currently using Malwarebytes 3.0 with Bitdefender Antivirus Free. I am always a Bitdefender fan but I uninstalled my Bitdefender Total Security 2017 just to try Malwarebytes 3.0. So, I installed only Bitdefender Free Antivirus. Fortunately, it worked to well. I did not experienced any lag, to be honest with you guys. Malwarebytes just consumed around 200 MB of RAM with my laptop and Bitdefender Free antivirus is always less than 100 MB.

Reactions: spaceoctopus

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Hello, today i've put some 3 videos on youtube about malwarebytes the new version i scan 3 times got infected bypass malware by voodoo shield.
This new version looks good, the machine is little bit slow but you can see.

hi can you explain it a bit more clear?
Was voodooshield bypassed by those malwares or you just allowed them to run?
thanks for the review

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
Hello, today i've put some 3 videos on youtube about malwarebytes the new version i scan 3 times got infected bypass malware by voodoo shield.
This new version looks good, the machine is little bit slow but you can see.

I watched the videos, and I see no samples execution

Anker_by

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 23, 2015
Nop, i just run them before, voodoo shield i think doesnt detect i jsut run them some other detect.

Anker_by

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 23, 2015
hi can you explain it a bit more clear?
Was voodooshield bypassed by those malwares or you just allowed them to run?
thanks for the review
I just click on samples before i writen a topic above, some others detect and i think others detect but is in quarantine. Its very good protection voodoo shield...

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Aura- Although it is true that I do not share my exact code with the developers (I consider may stuff as proprietary as they do theirs, and for other reasons that will remain private), it is not true that I am not in contact with the developers to share the general attack mechanism. Improvements have been made in various products as a result of some of my videos, but I tend not to trumpet it out to the world as I would find it rather unseemly to do so. However I will give an example as a number have already noticed it- Kaspersky previously did not have any adequate boot time protection, but they now do have this protection in the current product line as a result of post-video discussions.

What saddens me the most is when a developer will refuse to engage in any dialog, or inform me not to test their product anymore, or try to double-talk their way out of intrinsic product weaknesses in public forums. These things also have occurred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.