• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

XIII

Level 5
Verified
Sep 20, 2016
Hi

Is there any malware definitions download required like its MalwareBytes AntiMalware?

Thanks

I think so... all anti-malware and anti-virus software need some sort of update to keep their definitions up to date. Good question, though. Malwarebytes has never been one with cloud scanning, but I wonder if their real-time protection may start using some.

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
I am still worried about Anti-Ransomware (free, beta) technologies.It is still in beta.:eek:

pbust posted an explanation today.

MBAE Standalone & Malwarebytes 3.0 Release

Basically it'll be like Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit. The tool is in a perpetual beta state. Whenever the technology becomes stable enough, it's rolled in the current Malwarebytes (Malwarebytes Anti-Malware before) and a new beta is released. I expect Anti-Ransomware to be the same. So all the separate products will still exists as perpetual beta in order to get their technology tested before they get rolled in the main product (Malwarebytes).

asn1

Level 1
Verified
Aug 25, 2015
for me
The answer is no
bad idea 3 in 1 And delete products such as anti exploit and anti Ransomware
I will delete the product of my company and all employees devices ; anti exploit

why ?
Because I do not like Malwarebytes - anti malware But i like Malwarebytes E AND MBAR
I already have antivirus
Why should I use Malwarebytes - anti malware if i need only Malwarebytes E AND MBAR + false positive + many problems + scan ; exe .dll .cmd .bat ETC .....; MZ Only

I'm going to use a program hmpalert Better than Malwarebytes 3.0

Last edited:

asn1

Level 1
Verified
Aug 25, 2015
Last edited:

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Interesting idea, I tried all the standalones for Malwarebytes (MB AM ondemand scan only + anti-exploit + anti-ransomware ) and its much lower in Ram usage. Using the Version 3 is about 450mb, using all the standalones is about 47mb. Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm, should I or should I not.

Attachments

• MB standalone.png
    MB standalone.png
    84.8 KB · Views: 404

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
The product focuses a lot on proactive and behavioural protection and detection. In that area it could easily surpass some other brands.Its like a behavioral module on steroids. A lot of options for cuztomizations,in terms of shielding apps from exploits.And the number of supported apps is extensive. Except the high RAM usage,everything is going well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.