New Update Malwarebytes 4.6

nickstar1

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 10, 2022
Trying the MB 5 beta, installed easily and carried over my settings from MB 4, we'll see how it goes. I've tried MB betas in the past and for the most part they are very stable.
Been using malwarebytes 5.0 since its first beta release to only a select few forums members. They said that early beta testers would get surprise at the end hopefully “lifetime VPN keys” only one can wish right? Would love to have a lifetime VPN key just like my premium key lol.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Trying the MB 5 beta, installed easily and carried over my settings from MB 4, we'll see how it goes. I've tried MB betas in the past and for the most part they are very stable.
am I correct that I can go into 4.6 settings | update and select betas and it will auto-update to 5 beta or just wishful thinking? :unsure:

Reactions: Nightwalker

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I don't think so, I installed MB 5 overtop of 4.
ok... I just installed mbam 5.0 beta over my 4.6 premium 14 day trial. So far so good, BUT yesterday, 4.6 said my protection was 100%, while today 5.0 says "weak" although I have not run the first 5.0 beta scan yet. Also 4.6 installed with real-time running, while 5.0 beta shows real-time is off, perhaps that is why it is saying "weak?" I've been happy enough 4.6 the past 2 days that I will probably buy premium. I probably have (had) a lifetime license in remote past, but drifted away from mbam several years ago. I like the combo of MD, mbam & VS perhaps just because it feels familiar although my current no1 VM is Checkpoint Harmony.

Reactions: oldschool

Captain Holly

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 23, 2021
I put v. 4.6 on my Windows 11 laptop today, running it together with WD, it seems to work well. There have been no slowdowns of any apps or browsers I tested with it. It also works well with Vivaldi, which I have been using again now for the last few weeks. As long as there are no conflicts with MBAM I suppose I will keep using it but I don't plan on doing the 5.0 Beta. I will wait for 4.6 to upgrade when it is ready.

C.H.

Captain Holly

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 23, 2021
An update here, last night when I installed MBAM I only checked Vivaldi and a couple other apps, everything seemed to be ok and I posted my first reply with what I thought were good results at the time. Then a little later I tried opening Itunes and my laptop froze. My laptop also froze when I tried to run Wintoys and the Spotify desktop app. I had not had any trouble with Itunes, Spotify or Wintoys before adding this most recent edition of MBAM. So I then tried to remove MBAM with Revo and the same thing happened, the entire laptop froze. At that point all I could do was force a shutdown and when I was back at my desktop again Revo was still frozen. I restored back to Windows from a few days ago and went to bed. Today I thought I would have to reinstall Itunes, Spotify and Wintoys but I only had to restart the apps. I wanted to give MBAM one more try and reinstalled it too. It is working ok and this time I checked all of my apps and they are all working ok with MBAM now, so I think I will leave MBAM on here and see how it goes.

C.H.

nickstar1

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 10, 2022
An update here, last night when I installed MBAM I only checked Vivaldi and a couple other apps, everything seemed to be ok and I posted my first reply with what I thought were good results at the time. Then a little later I tried opening Itunes and my laptop froze. My laptop also froze when I tried to run Wintoys and the Spotify desktop app. I had not had any trouble with Itunes, Spotify or Wintoys before adding this most recent edition of MBAM. So I then tried to remove MBAM with Revo and the same thing happened, the entire laptop froze. At that point all I could do was force a shutdown and when I was back at my desktop again Revo was still frozen. I restored back to Windows from a few days ago and went to bed. Today I thought I would have to reinstall Itunes, Spotify and Wintoys but I only had to restart the apps. I wanted to give MBAM one more try and reinstalled it too. It is working ok and this time I checked all of my apps and they are all working ok with MBAM now, so I think I will leave MBAM on here and see how it goes.

C.H.
If this does happen again, please consider submitting logs to staff on the forums that may help them narrow down the issue. I have not experienced this but each system is different.

Captain Holly

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 23, 2021
If this does happen again, please consider submitting logs to staff on the forums that may help them narrow down the issue. I have not experienced this but each system is different.
Thanks, I have not had any more trouble with MBAM since I reinstalled it a few days ago. I still have not seen any slowdowns or other problems with apps or browsers. WD works very well with MBAM too. I have not put MBAM on my Windows 10 laptop yet but I don't expect much trouble with it. I will probably get around to doing that later this week. MBAM 4.6 seems to be much better than the last time I tried it.

C.H.

nickstar1

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 10, 2022
Maybe the GUI consumes less memory, but the engine and modules are the same, so for now I dont think it will be lighter than V4.

It seems that Malwarebytes 5 will eventually get a new engine next year and with it we should see better performance.
They did say before release they would get some type of new engine not sure. this came from the product manager erix.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.