New Update Malwarebytes 4.6

nickstar1

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 10, 2022
Malwarebytes 4.6
Great news! Our amazing product development teams have been working hard to bring you some exciting changes as we introduce Malwarebytes v4.6!

Here's what's new with Malwarebytes 4.6.0.277 component package 1.0.2114.

Features and improvements

• Security Advisor is now Trusted Advisor
  • Trusted Advisor protection score and dashboard messages
  • Free users can ignore items monitored by Trusted Advisor
  • New background Exosphere
  • Enhanced multi-language support
  • Minor detection improvements
Issues fixed

• Notification bug for scan new download
  • Notification bug for trial eligibility

nickstar1

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 10, 2022
New skin is nice.

368570008_1276507553000116_4038390985470610298_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I really like Malwarebytes, I just wish it had a light touch on system impact.
I cant see myself using it in the place in the likes of Kaspersky, Bitdefender, Norton and so on that have much better protection with less impact in system responsiveness.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I am playing with it again, it's really not that heavy.

View attachment 277923
And course you wouldn't use it in place of an AV but in conjunction with one, although I wouldn't use it with Kaspersky.

It is heavy, not in the task manager usage, but in how it delays application launch time.

The anti-exploit DLL injection technique and MB engine lack of a permanent cache of safe files makes it much more demanding than other big names.

Ps: Nowadays Malwarebytes is a full AV replacement and it will disable Microsoft Defender, but with a setting you can use both together, just pay attention to system impact.

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
Pretty much all my applications launch in less than 3 seconds but I'll keep an eye out for that. Thanks.

I think Malwarebytes initially marketed version 4 as an AV replacement when it first came out but I think have pretty much backed away from using that term now.

Yes, there's' a setting you can turn on where it will not disable any AV's.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I am playing with it again, it's really not that heavy.

View attachment 277923
And course you wouldn't use it in place of an AV but in conjunction with one, although I wouldn't use it with Kaspersky.
you mean have mbam 4.6 as 2d opinion scanner? You cannot run it real time with another AV, correct? :unsure: or has something changed??

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
You absolutely can run it with other AV's although a couple are incompatible. I will find the list.
If you had MBAM running, then tried to install BD, it would flag it to be uninstalled first. Once BD is installed, then you can install MB, but, IMO, would only run it on demand, and even disable it from startup. Just from my experience with BD. Some do get it to play nicely together, though (real-time), with BD.

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018

Screenshot 2023-08-17 114704.png

Screenshot 2023-08-17 115535.png

Screenshot 2023-08-17 115822.png

I've used MBAM with Emsisoft for years for years so not sure how they determine what is incompatible.
They try really hard in that screenshot not to say they are an anti-virus but there are still some place on their site where they say it is an anti virus, so who knows. I don't think there are very many people using it strictly as their only program for protection like you would do with an AV.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
If you had MBAM running, then tried to install BD, it would flag it to be uninstalled first. Once BD is installed, then you can install MB, but, IMO, would only run it on demand, and even disable it from startup. Just from my experience with BD. Some do get it to play nicely together, though (real-time), with BD.
Yes IIRC I saw the same thing where I had mbam as only 2d opinion, and installed BD (on VM) and it forced me to remove mbam.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
@Digmor Crusher this VM has none of the above problematic apps, so I think I'll play with mbam 4.6 on this VM and see what how it runs with MS Defender...
EDIT went to mbam website see they are pushing ...for busniess. Anyone tried that? I have not seen cost yet but says 50% off...
Edit2: about $4 month but 10-99 computers, so nevermind...

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
@Digmor Crusher this VM has none of the above problematic apps, so I think I'll play with mbam 4.6 on this VM and see what how it runs with MS Defender...
EDIT went to mbam website see they are pushing ...for busniess. Anyone tried that? I have not seen cost yet but says 50% off...
Edit2: about $4 month but 10-99 computers, so nevermind...

Go with the Premium (home) version, it is cheaper and more adequate for domestic usage.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I've used MBAM with Emsisoft for years for years so not sure how they determine what is incompatible.
They try really hard in that screenshot not to say they are an anti-virus but there are still some place on their site where they say it is an anti virus, so who knows. I don't think there are very many people using it strictly as their only program for protection like you would do with an AV.

Malwarebytes for Windows as an Anti-Virus software replacement​

Malwarebytes is a complete antivirus alternative. We use a comprehensive solution, with advanced technologies like anomaly detection, behavioral analysis, and application hardening to crush viruses and other types of malware. If you still wish to use other antivirus software, Malwarebytes works alongside and is compatible with most other security products available today.
See our Malwarebytes product page for more information on how Malwarebytes protects you from the most dangerous forms of malware.
Malwarebytes not only cleans up damage caused by malware, but most importantly, actively protects you before malware strikes. Features include:
  • Malware Protection
  • Web Protection
  • Exploit Protection
  • Ransomware Protection
There are alternate compatibility settings offered within Malwarebytes for users with an existing Anti-Virus on their PC. See Malwarebytes for Windows and Windows Action Center (WAC).

Personally I would use it as a standalone solution, but I can see why many would not feel very comfortable with it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.