Malwarebytes 5.0 new alerts.

nickstar1

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 10, 2022
It appears malwarebytes 5.0 will soon be out of beta as it no longer states "beta" on the GUI.
Screenshot 2023-10-02 222412.png
Screenshot 2023-10-02 222558.png
Screenshot 2023-10-02 222900.png

Last edited by a moderator:

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
It appears malwarebytes 5.0 will soon be out of beta as it no longer states "beta" on the GUI.
Not necessarily, unless I'm misunderstanding this:
Important Note: We're reintroducing the Beta channel to better distinguish between "Release" and "Beta" builds. To access the latest Beta builds, please enable the "Beta updates" switch under Settings -> General. If you prefer a more stable (though slightly older) MB5 build, you can leave it disabled.

Changes:

We've replaced the "(Beta)" label with the current version.
Malwarebytes Beta 5.0.12.72 is available!

nickstar1

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 10, 2022
Following on @Digmor Crusher's post, the controlled rollout gives users downloading the MBAM trial the latest Beta version. Or at least some of them are.
I'm glad they fixed the tray icon which was always remaining open while checking for updates and had to be manually closed. Glad what i reported was fixed. I think Malwarebytes 5.0 will be a very good contender. one thing i hated about version 4.0 was that laggy GUI opening. Not anymore with version 5.0! malwarebytes 5.0 system tray bug.

nickstar1

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 10, 2022
I used to use malwarebytes in highschool to remove Rogue AVs and adware. Never was it a part of any security prevention strategies. Nothing more to say
It has greatly improved RTP and has one of the best web filters with Malwarebytes browser guard. one of the downsides is false positives but id rather false positives then a click happy family member falling victim to fraud which has become essentially a business of all media platforms. iv personally only had 3 FP with browser guard but they are quickly fixed.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.