App Review Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium Plus BETA v5

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
Another thing the price has increased by large amount $44.99 billed annually for 1 device, $79.99 billed annually for 5 devices & $99.99 billed annually for the vpn package. I remember buying a Lifetime license back in the day for $19.99 :cool: (I know everything changes in time) and now It's more expensive than Kaspersky and AppGuard :oops: (on blueridggenetworks.net not appguardsolo.us)!!!

It changed, actually Malwarebytes has been consistently one of the best perfomers in MRG testing lately.

Cool, I'll check out the latest tests. 🐭

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Logged Into my MBAM account which I had not used for years. Showed no active licenses. Entered my lifetime license data and got a three device premium license for Windows. Surprised me in a positive way.

I remember Peter2150 from Wilders (who sadly passed to early) always posted that their URL filter had the best results in his tests. In those days everyone seemd to use MBAM as secondary on the demand scanner, because at that time (before HitmanPro arrived), it was with AdwareCleaner and Emsisoft Recovery kit the most used periodic check of security aware users.

@Shadowra
As always, thanks for the video and the hours you put in to this in making it (y)
Wow I did not know Peter had passed. The avatar of walking a little black dog. I wondered why he stopped posting here.

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
I used to know the place of Mbam years ago, you ran it at the side of an AV & it did the job quietly & without fuss - Now it's a program that's still not a replacement (nearly) for anti-malware program & uses more resources than most programs that do the job well - I'm not sure why I would use it, if it ever became a recommended replacement for ESET K etc. etc. I would use it but I still think they lost the plot years ago & haven't found it, for now I use Armor or similar, I don't want hard earned hardware dragged down unnecessarily - Just my opinion.

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

I used to know the place of Mbam years ago, you ran it at the side of an AV & it did the job quietly & without fuss - Now it's a program that's still not a replacement (nearly) for anti-malware program - Just my opinion.
Well on AV-Test it scored in latest Windows test 100% protection score in latest tests (ans also a six for performance, which is the highest score), so it seems to do okay

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
To be fair Malwarebytes lately has been consistently getting good results on AV-Comparatives (minus the FP rate), AV-Test and MRG Effitas (one of the best performers there), but I totally get the critics and the skepticism; IMO MB 5 needs to have a much lower system impact and needs to have a better protection against scripts to be used in place of powerful/top tier solutions like Kaspersky, ESET, Bitdefender and Norton.

Said that, I think in the real world Malwarebytes actually does a lot of better than its given credit for and it is much better than some "average" antivirus solutions because of its aggressive Web/PUA protection + antiexploit technology that blocks a lot of malicious code commonly found by users in a daily base.

eXDj

Level 12
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
i whant to change lifetime license (2 device) for 2 year premium plus key to test , if anyone is interested wait pm

Reactions: dinosaur07

anirbandutta01

Level 7
Well-known
Jun 18, 2022
Hello and welcome to the Malwarebytes v5 BETA test!
Malwarebytes is a well known American company. Widely used in the world of disinfection, Malwarebytes also has a PRO version to protect your computer. With each version, the editor adds new features to get closer to an antivirus software.

The interface has totally changed but remains simple and accessible. In the Premium Plus version, Malwarebytes integrates a VPN in partnership with Mullvad. I activated it for the test and it is very fast.
In this test, for the first one, I leave it by default, but I activate the detection of penetration attacks during a bonus test.

On URLs, nothing to say, Malwarebytes is very solid, also on the dropper of the fake crack. It's a pity that you have to run the program for the Malwarebytes resident to detect. I would have liked it to detect as soon as the malware arrived.

On the pack we note an improvement of Malwarebytes on the anti-malware detection! Malwarebytes blocks several malicious connections made by Trojans, Botnets and malicious scripts but the machine is still infected.

For the Bonus test, I decide to activate the new Malwarebytes feature and I focus on the pack only.

Malwarebytes does a little better by preventing malicious scripts from installing themselves and creating their entries at startup, however, it does not bring much for the moment in terms of security. Malwarebytes was already blocking malicious connections.

Malwarebytes is a very good security software but should not be used alone because it lacks behavioral shields. It is an excellent complement to some antivirus programs like WiseVector or even Microsoft Defender.

RAM Usage : Light
Malware URL test : 10/10 (All blocked)
Fake crack : 1/1 (detected)
Malware Pack : Remaining 21 files out of 193.
Malwarebytes has improved its AI detection and malware recognition. It also blocks several malicious connections.

However, it will not be able to defend sufficiently against 0-day malware alone. It should be used as a complement.
Resistance to script attacks: Average

Result Wihout Penetration Attack Shield:
MBAM : 21
NPE : 10 (2 files detected is a false positive from VyprVPN)
KVRT : 14

Result With Penetration Attack Shield:
MBAM : 21
NPE : 7 (2 files detected is a false positive from VyprVPN)
KVRT : 9

Recommand : Yes, but as a complement
System Clean : System infected

@nickstar1 request & Thanks for the key's test !

Thank you so much @Shadowra for the test 💖. I'm currently using ESET Internet Security as my primary AV. Which secondary anti malware solution is good? Also I'm using Malwarebytes browser guard. Should I use different browser guard like Bitdefender etc. ? Kindly reply. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Thank you so much @Shadowra for the test 💖. I'm currently using ESET Internet Security as my primary AV. Which secondary anti malware solution is good? Also I'm using Malwarebytes browser guard. Should I use different browser guard like Bitdefender etc. ? Kindly reply. Thanks in advance.

Sorry I didn't see your message.
No need to pair Eset. You can use Malwarebytes only as a 2nd scan from time to time but using both is useless. :)

eXDj

Level 12
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
the solution is to divide the license by 5, who wants it ?
I did not find another offer !
if anyone has one for sale let me know, thanks
premium plus 1 year/20 usd or 17 euro/device

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

I have a life time lisence from MalwareBytes which still works, therefor I looked at the video and have some questions @Shadowra , see below

1682403784336.png

Could you re-test it when V5 is ready for production?

Trident

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
I have a life time lisence from MalwareBytes which still works, therefor I looked at the video and have some questions @Shadowra , see below

View attachment 274875

Could you re-test it when V5 is ready for production?
Your point 3 is not important. This in-memory trojan has compromised the system and there is no point @Shadowra dwelling on it, whether it survived reboot. Point 2, good question. Was the file ever executed or was it just dropped but the registration of the task blocked? Here is a similar one:
Since there is presence in C:/Windows/System32/Tasks, I would assume the system was compromised.
Point 1… fair. It looks like it is this:

Last edited:

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Question is, "Is it a good secondary program?" Its probably adequate, of course there are better.
@Digmor Crusher, ref brief discussions in Mbam 4.6 thread, I've installed Mbam 5.0 Beta with MS Defender as registered AV om VM. In terms of secondary programs, anything specific to suggest. I added VS/CL 7.45 as VS is one of my fav apps for 10+ years. I'm sure @danb says: VS + MD is plenty, what do you need Mbam for... I'm just playing with Mbam since I haven't used it in years (except I do have Mbam on macOS).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.