App Review Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO 2020

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Warball Communauty

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 20, 2020
Hello :)

Review of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro (english version) by me ;)

Malwarebytes is an antimalware published by the antimalware company of the same name. Very well known in the world of disinfection, Malwarebytes has been offering resident protection for years. Over the years, Malwarebytes has become an "antivirus" with IA Machine Learning technology and various shields. The software reacts well, its database is very good. Unfortunately, it lacks pro-active shields. The QuarsarRAT.jar Trojan had no trouble killing Malwarebytes and seriously infecting Windows. It is important to know that Malwarebytes is not an antivirus but can be used as a complement without worries.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Thanks for the testing, it is very much appreciated.

I have the controversial opinion that Malwarebytes Premium 4 is much better than some "professionals" tests and general consensus suggests; its web filter is so good that it should avoid most malwares, the anti-exploit does a great job against macro and downloaders, the anti-ransomware is subpar, but with the machine learning + cloud it should be enough, while the PUP detection is top tier.

Most malwares nowadays are malvertising, macros, exploits, fileless malwares, ransomware and PUPs, so considering Malwarebytes strong points we can consider that it is adequate against today malware landscape.

The problem is that Microsoft Defender does a better job for free and paid solutions like Kaspersky, Eset, Emsisoft, Norton have much better coverage and fail-safe features.

If you have a powerful machine and a lifetime license you could combine it with Microsoft Defender and enjoy, it is a very nice combo.

@Warball Communauty
Woud you kindly report this "QuarsarRAT.jar Trojan" for Malwarebytes staff? Maybe they could test and fix the self-protection module.

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
I have the controversial opinion that Malwarebytes Premium 4 is much better than some "professionals" tests and general consensus suggests..

1585103850921.png

Nightwalker,

These are the defaults. Do you tighten these down further -- in a way that won't break things?

Thanks bud.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
View attachment 235321

Nightwalker,

These are the defaults. Do you tighten these down further -- in a way that won't break things?

Thanks bud.

Burrito my dearest friend, I usually leave those settings alone because I am afraid to break things, anti-exploit by its nature is already very sensitive and prone to conflicts, so I usually just add some programs like media players and PDF readers to be "shielded".

artek

Level 5
Verified
May 23, 2014
Malwarebytes is illustrative of one those weird incongruities with AV Testing. I consistently see poor test results, and yet whenever I need to clean an infected PC with a top rated AV solution running in tandem with malware, Malwarebytes is invariably one of the programs that gets rid of the infection. And then there's that peculiar fact that you'd be hard pressed not to find it in any IT departments rapid cleanup tools.

Last edited:

DDE_Server

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
firstly thanks @Warball Communauty for the review
secondly it seems it will be promising standalone solution in the future. i agree completely with night walker opinion however it is price it considered high compared with another solution $40/year for single device on the official website
but i agree that their web protection is really good in blocking malicious websites (i am using MBBG extension and it is working really very well)also Anti exploit modules are good. they are one of the first AV soft to release anti ransomware protection when they appeared as major attacks

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.