Q&A Malwarebytes Anti Ransomware Beta anyone aware of this?

Tutman

Level 10
Verified
Apr 17, 2020

The latest version of Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware - Beta 10 (version 0.9.19) is now available for download.

Performance/protective capability

• Improved detection and remediation of several ransomware variants
  • Improved protection of system critical processes
  • Fixed bug which interfered with Windows Updates on Windows 10
  • Various cosmetic improvements
Stability/issues fixed

• New installer program now being used
  • Improved install/upgrade/uninstall behavior and compatibility with other Malwarebytes products
  • Fixed bugs which caused silent blocks in Visual Studio, Android Studio
  • Fixed bug related to SAP plugin as used in Outlook email client
  • Fixed bug related to safe ejection of specific USB drives
  • Various minor bug fixes and performance enhancements

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Aug 4, 2016
I thought this had been amalgamated into Malwarebytes program long ago? (it was available for Windows 8) But they now on Beta 10 :eek: I still feed the best protection against Ransomware is common sense followed by frequent & multiple backups, as many as you can afford & depending how much you need your data?

silversurfer

Level 73
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Aug 17, 2014
Last both years, I have been testing for several times Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware, it was very unstable as almost always for any products as beta versions, but it was even weak in terms of protection against well-known variants of Ransomware.

Home users should be better going to purchase an AV/IS which provides built-in features/modules to protect against Ransomware!

tipo

Level 6
Jul 26, 2012
Gave it a chance today to see if any improvement was made and the results were terrible. I had 40+ samples of different ransomwares and could run only 10 max. It caught 3, the other 7 samples were missed, the system was infected and crashed. I wouldn't rely on it's capabilities to protect a pc.