Advice Request Malwarebytes Anti Ransomware Beta anyone aware of this?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Tutman

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020

The latest version of Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware - Beta 10 (version 0.9.19) is now available for download.

Performance/protective capability

• Improved detection and remediation of several ransomware variants
  • Improved protection of system critical processes
  • Fixed bug which interfered with Windows Updates on Windows 10
  • Various cosmetic improvements
Stability/issues fixed

• New installer program now being used
  • Improved install/upgrade/uninstall behavior and compatibility with other Malwarebytes products
  • Fixed bugs which caused silent blocks in Visual Studio, Android Studio
  • Fixed bug related to SAP plugin as used in Outlook email client
  • Fixed bug related to safe ejection of specific USB drives
  • Various minor bug fixes and performance enhancements

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I thought this had been amalgamated into Malwarebytes program long ago? (it was available for Windows 8) But they now on Beta 10 :eek: I still feed the best protection against Ransomware is common sense followed by frequent & multiple backups, as many as you can afford & depending how much you need your data?

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Last both years, I have been testing for several times Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware, it was very unstable as almost always for any products as beta versions, but it was even weak in terms of protection against well-known variants of Ransomware.

Home users should be better going to purchase an AV/IS which provides built-in features/modules to protect against Ransomware!

tipo

Level 8
Well-known
Jul 26, 2012
Gave it a chance today to see if any improvement was made and the results were terrible. I had 40+ samples of different ransomwares and could run only 10 max. It caught 3, the other 7 samples were missed, the system was infected and crashed. I wouldn't rely on it's capabilities to protect a pc.

SearchLight

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
Which AV/ISS product would you recommend for containing best Anti-Ransomware protection?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.