Battle Malwarebytes Browser Guard vs Emsisoft Browser Security vs Bitdefender TrafficLight

Compare list
Malwarebytes Browser Guard [Extension] [2020]
Emsisoft Browser Security [Extension] [2020]
Bitdefender TrafficLight [Extension] [2020]
In-depth Comparison

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Performance: Emsisoft >>> BD trafficlight >> malwarebytes
Protection: BDTL ~ malwarebytes (sometimes BDTL >=, sometimes MB >) >>>>> emsisoft

another contender: windows defender browser protection
performance: WDBP > emsisoft
protection: BDTL > WDBP >>> Emsisoft

TheBlueCreeper512

Level 2
Thread author
May 14, 2020
Performance: Emsisoft >>> BD trafficlight >> malwarebytes
Protection: BDTL ~ malwarebytes (sometimes BDTL >=, sometimes MB >) >>>>> emsisoft

another contender: windows defender browser protection
performance: WDBP > emsisoft
protection: BDTL > WDBP >>> Emsisoft
Actually I'm using Edgium so I already have Defender SmartScreen integrated.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Actually I'm using Edgium so I already have Defender SmartScreen integrated.
Correct, not needed when using the new Edge.
It's a good addition for chromium browsers that aren't Edge.
That way you can add SmartScreen checks on any chromium-based browser.

Last edited:

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
I used to have Malwarebytes and Ublock Origin. Now, I only have Malwarebytes and and it's enough for me with its ads/tracking and malware functions. BD and Emsisoft aren't as complete?
Most of the time, I surf on the same 20-25 web sites. Whenever I go to other unknown sites, I enable my VPN that includes additional malware and ads/tracking protection. Malwarebytes is fast enough when it's the only extension....
Previously, I had Ublock Origin and Malwarebytes enabled to surf on MalwareTips and Wilders. It's too much!

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I have Emsisoft running which has shown few warnings - Used to use Traffic light but no longer - I rely on the rest of the system to keep safe including KIS & AdGuard for Windows/NVT ~
With KIS no extra extensions are needed. Maybe only an adblocker. KIS has one of or the best webprotection out there.

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
I am very happy with Bitdefender TrafficLight, kaspersky don't support Brave and a find in bitdefender the ideal solution to subestitute Kaspersky.
Like Kaspersky, Bitdefender (I think the other solutions don't have this option) it verifies the search links in google with is very handy.
So for me, and I try several, Bitdefender due Kaspersky omission is the natural solution:

Brave google link check by TrafficLigh:

1604402021143.png

1604402070939.png

Kaspersky in Edge

1604402137815.png

1604402187500.png

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
You should include Kaspersky there.

View attachment 248413
Unfortunately, Kaspersky's extension only works when you have a Kaspersky product installed. It's not a standalone extension like the others mentioned in this thread. Anti-Banner and Private Browsing are only available with the paid versions not with KSC Free.

TheBlueCreeper512

Level 2
Thread author
May 14, 2020
Unfortunately, Kaspersky's extension only works when you have a Kaspersky product installed. It's not a standalone extension like the others mentioned in this thread. Anti-Banner and Private Browsing are only available with the paid versions not with KSC Free.
It is a shame that Kaspersky doesn't have a standalone extension as I find their web protection to be very good, and also, what is it with Kaspersky not having a free version of Security Cloud on Mac? They have Security Cloud on Mac but paid version only....

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
You should include Kaspersky there.

View attachment 248413
actually, as Gandalf said, Kaspersky only works when we have Kaspersky AV. The extension basically does nothing even with Kaspersky AV
It just adds some minor features which many users don't need and it doesn't filter any website => uninstall
the heavy works are done by the web filter in Kaspersky AV

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
actually, as Gandalf said, Kaspersky only works when we have Kaspersky AV. The extension basically does nothing even with Kaspersky AV
It just adds some minor features which most users don't need and it doesn't filter any website => uninstall
the heavy works are done by the web filter in Kaspersky AV

It blocks the page in the paid version like the others' solution presented:

1604419272034.png

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I have Emsisoft Browser extension along with Emsisoft Anti malware on my other laptop, and I can honestly say that the emsisoft extension has never thrown up an alert in 11 months of using it.
exactly, emsisoft was great initially after it was released, better than BD at some point. However, after a while, it seems they don't improve it much and it has gone downhill, close to the bottom

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.