Malwarebytes in combination with comodo firewall uses a lot of cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emanuel.

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 28, 2016
Hello, I am trying the MBAM and the comodo firewall and the mbam service uses a lot of memory. Is compatibility problem? If someone knows a solution very grateful in advance.
Greetings.

f93NgGz.jpg

Reactions: AtlBo

Emanuel.

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 28, 2016
Disabling the detection of shellcode injections, the cpu returns to normal.

5UwZDLy.jpg

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
I personally don't like the new Malwarebytes but he is protected isn't that the whole point where it fails comodo will cover it's
that simple, once he have cfw configured correct.:)

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Malwarebytes is heavy. It always was and probably will always be.
You can get rid of MBAM and rely on CFW only as Malwarebytes has nothing to do there (except for consuming your machine resources :D) or if you really need some extra layer of protection you can go ZAM/ZAL or wait for Zemana Ultimate or stable version of HMP.A with realtime anti-malware engine.
Anyway with right configured CFW you're good to go.

Emanuel.

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 28, 2016
Disable all items in advanced protection and now works fine. The CPU is normal. I tested it after restarting several times and it works fine.

Reactions: AtlBo and ZeroDay

S3cur1ty 3nthu5145t

Level 6
Verified
May 22, 2017
Malwarebytes is only average with malware, it is better suited for PUP's. It is as stated, not necessary with CFW, which contains Kill Switch and CCE.

If you require further opinions of your system state, zemana anti malware free or emsisoft emergency kit , or hitman pro would do nicely. The first two choices being free.

Hector1

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 4, 2015
If you very like Malwarebytes you can just use the free versione like on demand scanner, not need to use it in real time with CF, just use CF alone.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Although MB is heavy, I wouldn't stand 100 miles to Comodo Firewall, its buggy and slow and if u want a practically unusable computer you can try it... If both are too heavy just use a Free AV or Anti Exe like Avast or Voodooshield.

l0rdraiden

Level 3
Verified
Jul 28, 2017
Although MB is heavy, I wouldn't stand 100 miles to Comodo Firewall, its buggy and slow and if u want a practically unusable computer you can try it... If both are too heavy just use a Free AV or Anti Exe like Avast or Voodooshield.
+1
0 usability, full of bugs and false sense of security since software doesn't run well in the sandbox you will run it manually outside (trusting it), so at the end the sandbox is a lie and you will end up using it as an antiexe.

Reactions: DJ Panda

Maxwell Sien

Level 2
Verified
Nov 15, 2016
Disable all of Comodo Features (AV, FW, SB, HIPS) and see if the problem still occur. If so, then it is not a compatibility problem

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
If you love Malwarebytes Anti-Malware then you will love Zemana Anti Malware.
Use this link: Clean your computer in minutes with Zemana AntiMalware, no matter how badly infected!
Activate this product with the free and legal promotion code: ZAM_PCPRO
Activate in the settings the Pandora Cloud and for better security also the option that you can only run signed files (in advanced or so). Please post the consuption of Zemana in the thread.

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
+1
0 usability, full of bugs and false sense of security since software doesn't run well in the sandbox you will run it manually outside (trusting it), so at the end the sandbox is a lie and you will end up using it as an antiexe.

I agree to some point. People need to be very cautious to use Comodo Firewall correctly, while using Voodooshield or an average AV it is much simpler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.