Advice Request Malwarebytes Premium + Windows Defender

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

AG3S

Level 2
Thread author
Oct 14, 2020
Hi,

Finrlly I decided to switch to Malwarebytes Premium. I would like to know if anyone has any experience with using MB Premium and Windows defender together.

If you can provide some tips, I will be thankful.....

:)

KevinYu0504

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2017
It will be a good idea to using them both in same time .

Windows Defender (which now it's call Microsoft Defender ) ,
In many recent tests, achieved very good results,
It has good protection capabilities and very low false positives.

In the past, the built-in antivirus software was often considered useless.
But obviously, Microsoft does try to improve it,
And MD's current performance is no longer lost to traditional antivirus software.

I think MB provide better PUP/PUA、Trojan、adware detection rate ,
and the premium version of MB had more useful protect , such as ransomware and zero-days protect, etc.

My laptop is using MD + MB Permium,
sometimes , MB warns for me but MD doesn't ,
such as malicious websites, scam/phishing websites , MB did better then MD this part ,
there are also several experiences that MB blocked adware for me.

Several times on the Internet, some well-known websites were hacked, the mining script is implanted,
and MD is weak in this regard , most of them are detected and blocked by MB first.

If the cost is acceptable to you, I think you can take a try ,
but before purchase , try the MB's 14 days free trial first ,
and see you like or not .

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hi,

Finrlly I decided to switch to Malwarebytes Premium. I would like to know if anyone has any experience with using MB Premium and Windows defender together.

If you can provide some tips, I will be thankful.....

:)
Hi @AG3S,
Finally what is your feeling on this combo (WD + MB premium) ?

cardenas

Level 1
Verified
May 20, 2019
This is my current combination along with HitmanPro.Alert. Definitely overkill and probably unnecessary, but I've had zero issues.

Regarding system performance impact; nothing noticeable. With that said, my PC specifications are also overkill. (PC Specifications)

Reactions: JB007

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.