Advice Request Malwarebytes won't register with Windows Security

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

blackice

Level 38
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
So just because of the recent improvements in performance in lab testing I was looking at just testing out Malwarebytes Premium since I have a license. But no matter what I do it won't register as a main AV with Windows Security. There are several threads about this in their forums, but I haven't seen a solution. Has anybody heard of one? More curious than anything, it seems they still have quite a bit of maturing to do. I have done the following:

1. Added my license (which worked, but then I forgot to tell it to start with Windows, and then it wasn't registered after a restart)
2. Toggled the button to register with Windows Security, waiting various amounts of time.
3. Restarted several times after telling it to start with Windows.
4. Uninstalld and reinstalled.
5. Uninstalled with their tool. Then let it reinstall.
6. Uninstalled with their tool and manually reinstalled.

I'm out of ideas, but this seems a glaring issue for something that is supposed to be used as a main AV. Most people on their forums seem to give up and run them side by side. I used to do that for a while, but it had a really big impact on game and app loading times. If anybody has any tips on a fix I'd be interested, but it's not the end of the world. Mostly a side project out of curiosity than anything.

blackice

Level 38
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Is the startup type still on automatic after reboot?

Last thing: How to repair or rebuild the WMI Repository on Windows 10
Yes, I think Malwarebytes has an issue with doing this properly. It was automatic and running before. So I deleted the Repository and restarted. It worked fine, then rebooted and it was not registered anymore. I'm pretty sure they've screwed something up since it's a fairly common issue. They are improving, but still underbaked.

blackice

Level 38
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.