Assigned MalwareFox Premium interface looks the same as Zemana

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danielx64

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017
Yeah, on a different forum where it posted that you can get a license for MalwareFox Premium for just over a year, someone pointed out that the interface looks and feels like a product from Zemana.

Do you think that Zemana would allow this to happen or did they do some sort of OEM deal where someone else can sell their software under a different name?

Note: I am not using their software, this is to start a discussion about the matter :)

Danielx64

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017
The short explanation is that MalwareFox is a legit rebrand of Zemana application. :)

They are really the same, except for a few very little things like the name. ;)
Thank you for that, for some reasons when I saw the name MalwareFox it got my bells ringing and when someone pointed out that the software look the same I was like....

Sorry MalwareFox :(

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Thank you for that, for some reasons when I saw the name MalwareFox it got my bells ringing and when someone pointed out that the software look the same I was like....

Sorry MalwareFox :(
Just to give credit to where it's due, it was Ida, a Zemana employee (now former), that said that MalwareFox is a legitimate rebrand. :)

I'm not sure, but I can't find her account here anymore. Maybe she deleted her account.

Last edited:

insanity

Level 5
Verified
Oct 9, 2016
There was another post here about Watchdog Antimalware (another rebrand of Zemana). She said that everything was "OK in legal terms". My guess is that all these clones make use of the "Technology Partnership" model: Technology Partnership Opportunities

So Zemana let them rebrand their software. But the way those clones portray themselves as "malware researchers/experts" is what makes them look fishy to me.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Once again, I have to make a post for the sake of accuracy and correctness of information.

I've confused MalwareFox and Watchdog AntiMalware. Actually, what was on my mind when I replied was Watchdog AntiMalware. It's Watchdog that was confirmed by Ida to be a rebrand. She didn't have any post regarding MalwareFox. Thanks to @insanity for bringing the Watchdog name into the thread. So, I have to apologize for misinformation. :oops:

But, at least, I'm correct that MalwareFox is a rebrand of Zemana's. :cool:
But instead of @iIda15 confirming it, it was @TwinHeadedEagle that did in the Wilders Security forum.

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
Affecting whether MalwareFox is worth fooling with:

Some months ago I heard people on here saying that Zemana AM had gone way down, and it was because they got rid of the proprietary selection of extra anti-malware engines from various companies.

Is there any update on all of that?

Reactions: XhenEd

lowdetection

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
It's Halloween,

The last update, was 21 August, I saw the beta of ZAM mobile updated last day, good,

I expect a recovery in quality mantainance of this software "ZAM.exe", that I use from when it was a beta, the very first release of it,

many good developers I know worked on this program, are now working on other places/company,

in my opinion too many products, and not enough people to keep the train go on fast enough to stay up with competitors.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autoruns is a really good program :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.