MalwareTips 2.0 Theme (Feedback and Testing for Members)

Which MalwareTips theme do you like?

• MalwareTips 1.0 (2015 Theme)

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • MalwareTips Dark 1.0

Votes: 12 15.0%
  • MalwareTips 2.0 (Current default theme)

Votes: 44 55.0%
  • MalwareTips 2.0 Dark

Votes: 5 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
How do you change themes in the 2015 version?
In the 1.0 theme the Style Chooser is in the footer (as MalwareTips Style).
style.jpg

Alternatively, you can go to your account preferences and switch the themes from there: https://malwaretips.com/account/preferences

Reactions: Alkajak
A

Alkajak

As Klipsh said, the mobile version seems to have a lot less lag now for the animations.

Desktop version looks awesome with new spoiler colour. Malware Samples tag looks little hard to read on the pink background though.

Reactions: LabZero and frogboy

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
Having problem in my good old Opera 12. It seems Old is not always Gold. ;)
It looks really good.

N

Noxx

Just a few aesthetic thoughts: see the tabs that read "Signed in as ____", "Members Online Now", "What's New", going all the way down the page? Would it make sense to make the those tabs blue, and the font white? I just think it might look better on the eyes, even on the dark theme. I would even venture to say to center the text of those section titles, as well -- I'm visualizing it and it feels neater.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Just a few aesthetic thoughts: see the tabs that read "Signed in as ____", "Members Online Now", "What's New", going all the way down the page? Would it make sense to make the those tabs blue, and the font white? I just think it might look better on the eyes, even on the dark theme. I would even venture to say to center the text of those section titles, as well -- I'm visualizing it and it feels neater.
Something like this?
test02.png

I have tried this before, but I think it looks better with the current design as it's similar to the breadcrumb.... Do you like it better with this blue background?

N

Noxx

I personally think it looks neater. Obviously, we all know where those various sections are and don't need a blue background identifier to find them, I just think it looks neater. It's just my opinion, though, unless you get other people giving their opinion, don't worry about it.

Edit: Now that I think about it, maybe too many blues lines going across the page, particularly from two angles, just looks sloppy. I don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jack

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
hi
i'm currenty using only the dark theme. My windows theme and also most themes for applications (if available) are dark or black. At night i'm always setting brightness and contast to "0" so surfing/reading/working at night is still relaxing for the eyes. My suggestion is to replace the dark blue color of some fonts (mostly links) by light blue, white, light red, yellow or light orange. At night the dark blue fonts on black background are (IMO) not easy to see/read. All other colors are in my opinion very good visible at night.

m9Ui69m.jpg

Last edited:

Noxx

Level 3
Verified
Jul 13, 2016
I honestly don't know what dark blue you're talking about. Originally the blue font was darker, but I think it's perfect the way it is. Also, red, yellow or orange wouldn't fit the MT's "blue" theme. Care to screenshot what you're talking about?

Edit: Are you talking about the "dark blue" color seen on forum moderator names? If so, then yeah, it's too dark. I honestly didn't even notice that until you pointed it out.

tVJdkqz.png

Last edited:

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
i mean this dark blue color: see spoiler.... i think every link on the forum has this dark blue.
I think the design ist very good I like it very much ...but at night the fonts are not
very good to read ....so maybe a dark design "2.1" could be a good idea..... :)

RL8GbM2.jpg

Noxx

Level 3
Verified
Jul 13, 2016
Yeah, I don't know why you're seeing that dark of blue, because this is what I'm seeing:

ucIp0WV.png

Even the font is different on my end

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
ahh OK: thats the problem ! Your fonts are fine: good to read. My fonts are tooo dark at night....
dont know why.....

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
ahhh OK.... sorry guys...! .... forgot that there is a second dark style...! thats what i was looking for....!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.