By Staff MalwareTips integrates AI into Forums

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

@nasdaq I am born in 1966 and looking ahead to the years to come. People like you are an inspiration. Unbelievable that the first line of assistance for people having problems with modern technology is done by a 82 year old (y)(y)(y) I wish you good health and tons of energy

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
To give you control of your threads, we've added a new option when creating a thread to Allow or Deny @Bot to reply. By default is set to No. This option is available only for the forums where @Bot is allowed to reply.
21.jpg

Trident

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
To give you control of your threads, we've added a new option when creating a thread to Allow or Deny @Bot to reply. By default is set to No. This option is available only for the forums where @Bot is allowed to reply.
View attachment 273510
I think link to the disclaimer should be added underneath the text “Allow Bot (AI-powered by ChatGPT) to reply.

Dark Knight

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
No. But whether it’s the 1st of April or the 31st of December doesn’t matter, the bot seems to be doing an OK job already. Minor mistakes aside, it can really be useful and it’s hard to believe these replies are coming from an API and someone is not typing them.

Yeah ...... until it develops a mind of it's own. Civilization is not ready for artificial intelligence which is why some of the smartest people on the planet are calling for a moratorium on AI right now. Everyone is racing to get on the AI bandwagon and the science has not been proven or tested near enough.

Forum users ought to be given a choice as to whether to enable it or not , I for one won't and if that is the way this forum is going I can see membership here dropping.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I don't see how AI integration has improved MT at all. It's more of a nuisance.
Indeed, at first it looked great, but once you get accustomed to it, you can clearly see that it is just a soulless automatic reply, sometimes without sense.
I tried neeva with AI and I disabled it, because it only did copy/paste from the first 2-3 links as a reply. People are just overexcited over AI, but it will pass.

Sandbox Breaker

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 6, 2022
What are you all using to be help your work? I'm a fan of Google Bard since it was trained on code and internet information. It's also more recent that GPT models. But then again Microsoft Co Pilot might convert me once I can get it.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
It’s all some level of garbage. I don’t use it for much of anything outside of novelty.

Reactions: Jack

Jonny Quest

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Request @Jack
Just asking for the option to ignore (button on profile page) all @Bot posts in same way as it's possible to ignore messages from normal forum members.
If impossible for some reason, no problem ;)

Yes, I agree in this sense, @Gandalf_The_Grey and @BryanB posted a couple of wonderful articles (below) along with an excellent article summary (maybe we should disable Bot more often from posting when we start a thread) that I found Bot to be a little repetitive and distracting. Bot can be helpful and informative, but maybe that option would be nice, just to help keep it in being from the perspective of forum member to forum member?

F

ForgottenSeer 103564

WOW, based on some of @Bot's replies I thought or assumed it did have internet access, although I knew capped as of Sep 2021. A good tool for certain types of info.
Bot is machine learning "fed data sets" and to be honest, for what it is it's decent, it just needs more work done "customizations".

Although if it gets good at what's it's aiming for, there will be no need for older experienced users to reply to threads 🙃

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.