Solved MapsFrontier malware

Iris99

Thread author
Oct 11, 2017
About a month ago no matter what website I was on I started getting a full screen pop up ad for something that was made to look like it came from the site I was on. At the top it says 'This ad is brought to you by MapsFrontier. Please take a moment to review it.' I have tried blocking them with AdBlocker but a different one will still show up no matter what site I am on. I have Norton Security and have run scans that did not find anything. I also tried Malwarebytes which found another problem but not this one. Can anyone help me to get rid of it?

Iris99

Thread author
Oct 11, 2017
I did all the steps in the Malware Removal article without any luck getting rid of the Maps Frontier adware. I was hesitant to reset my browser settings to the defaults as the last step but I did it and that got rid of it. Thanks for your help!

Reactions: Thunderbold

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.