Martian Doorway to the Unknown found

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
My go to is the combination plate. In the Chama area it's, Spanish rice, refried beans, Chile Rellenos, and taco. Of course it always come with sopapillas and tamales.

Now I'm hungry, and I'm 2600 miles away from finding anything even close to the above.
I just ate dinner and all I want is some green Chile chicken enchiladas!

Reactions: Nevi and Chuck57

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
It’s beautiful and majestic in its own dry way. I used to want to leave as soon as I finished high school. 19 years later I can’t leave.

Hope to get there some day man. Always had an interest in seeing this state. My father was stationed there for awhile in Las Cruces while in the army. No idea if they still have a base there or not. I believe it was the White Sands Missile Range.

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
Hope to get there some day man. Always had an interest in seeing this state. My father was stationed there for awhile in Las Cruces while in the army. No idea if they still have a base there or not. I believe it was the White Sands Missile Range.
White Sands is still there and still operational. It's off limits, but there are old dirt wagon roads that you can use to sneak in. They aren't especially rough, but it's best to do it with a Jeep. There are ghost towns on the range, too, so bring your metal detector, and keep your eyes open because they really don't like people in there and will prosecute. And that's a Federal crime, not state.

Reactions: Trooper

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
White Sands is still there and still operational. It's off limits, but there are old dirt wagon roads that you can use to sneak in. They aren't especially rough, but it's best to do it with a Jeep. There are ghost towns on the range, too, so bring your metal detector, and keep your eyes open because they really don't like people in there and will prosecute. And that's a Federal crime, not state.

Good to know. So are the military patrolling areas like the ghost towns I guess? Would be neat to check them out for sure. I think they still have the Trinity site open for visitors etc right?

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
Good to know. So are the military patrolling areas like the ghost towns I guess? Would be neat to check them out for sure. I think they still have the Trinity site open for visitors etc right?
They supposedly monitor the boundaries of the missile range. I don't know if they watch every mile. The old towns, I'm sure soldiers have snooped around them, but you can still find artifacts, old coins, etc in them with a metal detector. Not that I have ever slipped onto the range and searched, of course. I'm honest, even 50 miles or more from the nearest town in the middle of the desert.

Reactions: Trooper

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
They supposedly monitor the boundaries of the missile range. I don't know if they watch every mile. The old towns, I'm sure soldiers have snooped around them, but you can still find artifacts, old coins, etc in them with a metal detector. Not that I have ever slipped onto the range and searched, of course. I'm honest, even 50 miles or more from the nearest town in the middle of the desert.

Would certainly be neat to explore there, that is for sure.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.