• Thread starter Deleted member 178
  • Start date

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
not available in my city, and since i like to touch before buying, i went with the best solution , so i bought the 520i

I liked the first one you were looking at, the one you ended up with is just awesome. You rich guys.:sick:

@Spawn No budget Surface Book 2 ?:unsure:

I must be poor to value the surface book 2 as expensive :confused:

Yea Windows_Security, me too, Spawn must have been considering the sale price Wednesday at Microsoft store and even at that it was expensive. I had a chance to use a Surface about 3 yrs ago and it was really, really nice so they should get the money for it but it's out of my league price wise.

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Thanks , was the only one in my city LOL
i jumped on it when saw it; i will upgrade the RAM first then buy an SSD.
Since you're not gaming and just doing home work and surfing the web, i would say priorize the SSD. I hardly think you'll go short in RAM for minimum home usage. Although you should upgrade the RAM, i would target first the benefits of the SSD and then switch to the memory.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@Spawn No budget Surface Book 2 ?:unsure:

I must be poor to value the surface book 2 as expensive :confused:
If you didn't take everything I said out of context, then you would not have a problem. There was nothing to suggest that the Surface Book was for the wealthy.

Buying a Surface Book is an expensive purchase. Period. Umbra didn't say if he was willing to splash cash or not, hence my recommendation on a top of the line Windows 10 device. It's also an improvement over the original Surface Book, if he were to consider this route. You can look up the reviews online.

As Umbra has purchased a new device, I have nothing further to add to this discussion.

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Congrats on gettting yourself an ultrabook.

Personally I wouldn't consider Levono Yoga as ultrabook category due to 1.7kg weight. Typically anything above 1.4kg I wouldn't consider it.
Perhap this reply might come late, perhaps you can take a glance at Asus Zenbook flip UX360.
Pre-equipped with SSD and Core M, not for gaming but able to take decent amount of general multitasking job.
What I like is the heat dissipation ability, which is the key core point for me before I consider to buy.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
The thing is in the city i am i don't have much choice, and this Lenovo was perfect to my needs. The 360° FLIP screen is nice.
I never buy online for expensive stuff, i like to feel it in my hands first.

The Fingerprint reader option is really nice combined with Win10' Hello feature.
I set my SUA and admin account (with UAC set to max) to prompt for my PIN, now i just have to put my finger, awesome.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
so i will purchase an SSD (128gb, m2, PCie) and 8gb RAM

...you should choose an internal SSD drive with more capacity (e.g. 225/250GB):
sorce (bleepingcomputer.com): Constant freezing - Windows Crashes, BSOD, and Hangs Help and Support
D: drive only has less than 7% free space. Windows likes 15% free space in order to perform stuff "behind the scenes" without adversely affecting the system's performance. Please free up 15% on ALL hard drives (you can get away with 10% on larger drives and won't notice a large performance penalty). Low free space can cause BSOD's - but the actual amount depends on the files being used by the system.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
@LASER_oneXM

just saw a good 256gb SSD m2 (2000 read/1000 write), i will go with this one and 8gb RAM.

my system take maximum 30-40gb only so i have plenty of space to fill this SSD.

Reactions: LASER_oneXM

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.