Question McAfee Malware Cleaner

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Zorro

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
Seven years and you didn't do a Microsoft Windows clean install?
If I liked to install/uninstall hundreds of programs all the time, then I would think about a clean installation of Windows. But since I don't have many programs, I periodically clean the system, including manually removing the remnants from deleted programs, including in the registry, then even after 7 years Windows works well. Then why should I completely reinstall it?

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
As I have never before tried MMC I gave it a go:

I infected a Win11 system with 3 worms, 2 RATs, and a malicious vbs file dear to my heart (all persistent). I also have a few malware files on the Desktop and in a folder. After 2 runs I reviewed McAfee's YouTube video on the product to verify that I did not miss anything.

Sadly I did not. After the third run and reboot, the system was infected with 3 worms, 2 RATs, and a malicious vbs file dear to my heart.

For any looking for an anti-malware on-demand scanner totally devoid of any value, this is the application of your dreams!

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
As I have never before tried MMC I gave it a go:

I infected a Win11 system with 3 worms, 2 RATs, and a malicious vbs file dear to my heart (all persistent). I also have a few malware files on the Desktop and in a folder. After 2 runs I reviewed McAfee's YouTube video on the product to verify that I did not miss anything.

Sadly I did not. After the third run and reboot, the system was infected with 3 worms, 2 RATs, and a malicious vbs file dear to my heart.

For any looking for an anti-malware on-demand scanner totally devoid of any value, this is the application of your dreams!

Look above in the 1st page, I also demonstrated it Meghan ;)
McAfee clearly needs to rethink this joke because it's shameful to even suggest this....

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.