Status
Not open for further replies.

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Security software company McAfee has patented a new technology that aims to prevent the public from accessing pirated movies and music online. The system, which expands the SiteAdvisor tool, can detect and block pirated material from any website and present users with authorized and legal alternatives. McAfee says the technology will help steer consumers to authorized services and thereby prevent costly lawsuits.

More

Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
I'm not sure if that is a sound business strategy. Seeing how many users download pirated content.. I predict McAfee will lose some business or have a lower popularity for their SiteAdvisor add-on.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Blocking pirated can be useless when most people are intended to bypass it, so no choice since piracy is one to be leading for modern technology even tough holds being disadvantage.

This must be hold by the higher authorities for the lockdown.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
sure.jpg

McAfee will just show a pop-up which will ask you if you really want to visit that site.Overall it's not a bad idea as pirated software is one of the leading cause of computer infection, however I really doubt someone that wants to get a paid software for free will be even remotely tempted to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.