Trend Micro Maximum Security
Version: 12.0.1191
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Periodic malware scanners
Zemana AntiMalware
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Google Chrome - Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Adblock Plus/Adblock
Trend Micro Toolbar
Trend Micro Shell Shock Detector
WOT
Google Drive
Maintenance tools
CCleaner
Trend Micro Tuneup
File and Photo backup
Custom
System recovery
Macrium Reflect Pro
Computer specs
https://malwaretips.com/threads/mclovins-rig.56449/

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Finally I found License of Trend Micro which in my mail which is valid for 6 months more.

Installed Trend Micro Yesterday.

Totally disappointed as it slowed down pc to hell specially browsing.

Uninstall.

I think its not liking my pc hardware :D

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Must not be liking the hardware. Seems to be working fine for me.

normalizerx

Level 2
Oct 9, 2012
I also like Trend Micro, betatested for them, the new 7.0 beta included but all three versions I have tried till now since the introduction of the Titanium series (Latest beta included) cause extremely high ping - from normal 23 ms to over 300. This though doesn't cause a perceptible slowdown in browsing. Also high CPU usage on various occasions - especially on the opening of Windows Media Player (a lot of music in music library). Altogether feeling heavy.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
No idea why, as I have had it and I don't feel any slow down. :-/

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
McLovin said:
No idea why, as I have had it and I don't feel any slow down. :-/

Because its a religion to you and people generally don't give up their religion even if the other religion is better than in which he/she born
:D

Nerdie

Level 1
Jan 13, 2016
The only thing that catches my eyes is that you're using the Trend Micro Toolbar and Adblock Plus. Toolbar's shouldn't be used since they'll most likely slow your browsing experience down. Adblock Plus allows non-intrusive ads and just isn't trusted that much anymore. uBlock Origin or Adguard will be a good alternative to Adblock Plus.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
i dont see changes, you still use Trend Micro :p
Haha yep. Haven't really tried others but haven't really wanted too.

The only thing that catches my eyes is that you're using the Trend Micro Toolbar and Adblock Plus. Toolbar's shouldn't be used since they'll most likely slow your browsing experience down. Adblock Plus allows non-intrusive ads and just isn't trusted that much anymore. uBlock Origin or Adguard will be a good alternative to Adblock Plus.
The toolbar is part of Trend. I don't notice it to slow down my browser. Always seems to be running fast! Haven't heard of these other name will check them out and if they look okay to use will give them ago otherwise I'll stick with what I got.

i think because the toolbar integrates the webfilter, which is one of the strong feature of Trend.
This sir is correct.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
@McLovin I've never used Trend Micro, what's it like?
I love it! I've been using it now for I don't know how many years and has done me really well. It's webfilter is one of the best (not sure if it is now but). Very light on the system and the interface is really really easy to use. :)

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Solid, minimalistic config! And it must be pretty lightweight too. :p

Also, you may consider herdProtect as an on-demand scanner. It is cloud-based, utilizes 68 different AV/AM engines, and also offers a great file/process analysis function which you might useful when you need insight on certain files/processes on your system. I have only now started to use it and it is amazing. :D

Great config, overall! :p

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Solid, minimalistic config! And it must be pretty lightweight too. :p

Also, you may consider herdProtect as an on-demand scanner. It is cloud-based, utilizes 68 different AV/AM engines, and also offers a great file/process analysis function which you might useful when you need insight on certain files/processes on your system. I have only now started to use it and it is amazing. :D

Great config, overall! :p
Thank you! I like lightweight and simple! :)
So basically like Virustotal?

A Config based around simplicity, well done. :cool:

You could replace MBAM/HMP with Zemana AntiMalware Free. In the Advanced Settings, uncheck Run at Startup.
Zemana AntiMalware Free

I currently use Zemana AntiMalware Premium which is working great.
Love simple!
Okay can't remember the last time I used that. Installing it now! :)

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Zemana AntiMalware Free is a really good second option scan tool. ;)
Going to give it ago! :)

@Huracan
zRrhZaJ.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.