'message is awaiting moderator approval' problem to fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
'message is awaiting moderator approval' problem to fix - on the 'Space Bar' forum section - topic here ..

This is not livable. If I want to post, I want to see my post immediately - this is normal, legitimate.
I ask the competent person to come back to this healthy rule, Which Will Save my nerves and time. Thank you for your understanding ..

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Things you might not know about why we had to make this moderation rule.

1. Over the last month, a few members left our site because of topics about political, government and religious commits, posts and images, etc.
2. We have had several disputes between members over this content. Which has been a mess to clean up.
3. Our forum is based on PC Security- Topics and is not the place to talk about controversial topics.

As a last resort we all decided that moderation was the only option since members continue to ignore messages and post this content anyways.

I rather deal with complaints over moderation than what I had to deal with before.

After awhile when we can trust members to not post this content then maybe the moderation can be removed.
Until then members will have to deal with it like it or not.

We have several team members that visit this site daily because you posts will be approved shortly as long as this content is not found within them. The worst part is the delay waiting but is a small annoyance to keep down the disputes and losing members.

Enjoy!! :D

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
As a last resort we all decided that moderation was the only option since members continue to ignore messages and post this content anyways.

I rather deal with complaints over moderation than what I had to deal with before.

After awhile when we can trust members to not post this content then maybe the moderation can be removed.

We have several team members that visit this site daily because you posts will be approved shortly as long as this content is not found within them. The worst part is the delay waiting but is a small annoyance to keep down the disputes and losing members.

Enjoy!! :D
Initially, when I saw the notice: "Your post cannot be seen by non-members, and is awaiting moderation approval." I was a little frustrated,:mad: ..but then,o_O in no time at all it was approved!:)
Wow, I guess all mobs really want is ..uh...mm..:rolleyes: what they want!:p

"After a while, when we can trust members to not post this content, then maybe the moderation can be removed."

I liked that you mentioned this, Littlebits.
It seems to me (& lots of others too) that you've earned those "Super Moderator" stripes!;)
See how well my kitties are behaving?:D

D

Deleted member 178

i agree with Littlebits;

i agree with Littlebits

I

illumination

I agree with staff on this. Those topics were causing too much trouble, and have no place in a security forum. The "space bar" was set up to be fun and light, and is not essential enough to worry about waiting a little bit of time to be pre-approved.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
There is only ONE religion allowed here : Security
We have only ONE politic : Stop all malwares

:D
36019489.jpg

:p:p

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
I've personally found the freedom to post opinions on MT to be wonderful. Moderation here is about as far from oppressive as it can get (and I've posted a few things that seemed borderline on reflection). It seems to me that any temporary hold on a topic is just to prevent any (distasteful) arguments from arising more than any inhibition on free expression.

I feel the Mods should get a couple of thumbs up and let's trust their ability and fairness.

(do I get extra Brownie points here?)

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Littlebits wrote:

'1. Over the last month, a few members left our site because of topics about political, government and religious commits, posts and images, etc.' - Are censored .. you forgot to finish ..

- This is called censorship, and censorship, lack of freedom, scares people. Remember the Berlin Wall? Wikipedia link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berlin_Wall
Recent losses of eminent members of quality, as Bo_elan (Ramblin ..) and Gnosis (which were of great help to raise the general level of contents) - confirms that the direction of travel of this website is already on the wrong path. Here we are not children, but want to be treated as adults in the free country, I still have hope .. For the discussion, we need people from different sides, with different points of view. And then post - to wait - it's much less interesting. I think many people will want to leave this website if management will not change quickly. They don't wish to still get annoyed and bored, losing time every time they want to read the reaction of others.

Creation rather than strangulation.
If the car is not in the right direction, it is wise to return.
If I want to eat because I'm hungry, I do not like waiting - the taste might go ..

So please reconsider your position quickly in the matter, so that no damage will not be seen more and more.
Ok., for the talk about security - we have the whole website, so on the Space Bar we would have - too freely - the talk on other themes, too freely.
I think waiting 5 minutes maximum of the moderation time would be good, what you think about?
The future of this website is played now.
Thank you for your understanding ..

.. and Enjoy!

------------------

- Hmm .. is good my post, you think? In good English? Comprehensible?

PS. And don't close this topic, please ..

Last edited:

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Littlebits wrote:
'1. Over the last month, a few members left our site because of topics about political, government and religious commits, posts and images, etc.' - Are censored .. you forgot to finish ..
- This is called censorship, and censorship, lack of freedom, scares people. Remember the Berlin Wall? Wikipedia link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berlin_Wall
Our forum is based on PC Security
Do policy here etc.???
1z8reaxgzd.gif

Last edited:
I

illumination

This is called censorship, and censorship, lack of freedom, scares people. Remember the Berlin Wall? Wikipedia link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berlin_Wall

This is not even close to censorship, you are free to post things you are passionate about "On sites that they pertain too"

Several warnings surfaced that the topics were getting out of hand, before the hand of moderators were forced to enact a pre-approved method.

This is management doing what is best for the entirety of this "security forum".

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.