'message is awaiting moderator approval' problem to fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
malwaretips.com: CODE OF CONDUCT

3. No inappropriate content.

We do not allow political or religion threads as the may escalate into flaming and rudeness against MalwareTips, its staff, other forum members or any other party. MalwareTips is truly global and so are its forum members. Cultures, opinions and traditions differ, and MalwareTips forums are a place for cooperation, not clashes.
Because we are a technology based forum, we do not allow threads about politics or religion, and if we see one, we reserve the right to remove or moderate such topics.

V. Moderation and helping us:
  • 1. Isn’t this censorship?
    Well, no and yes. We’re trying to foster great conversation and we will remove comments that harm that endeavor. You’re free to say whatever you like other places, but not here. At MalwareTips we have a different standard, working very hard to keep the conversation informative and fun. The bottom line is that the admins and moderators have the final say on whether it fits within our community guidelines.
Please take these rules seriously and take them to heart. Don't try to look for loopholes or try to lawyer your way around them—just understand them and try to respect the spirit in which they were created. Violations of the Terms of Use may result in a warning notification or termination of your account. If your account is terminated you are prohibited from creating any new accounts.

D

Deleted member 178

- This is called censorship, and censorship, lack of freedom, scares people. Remember the Berlin Wall? Wikipedia link:

what Berlin wall has to do with a security forum...

Recent losses of eminent members of quality, as Bo_elan (Ramblin ..) and Gnosis (which were of great help to raise the general level of contents) - confirms that the direction of travel of this website is already on the wrong path.

i think i got enough infos about sandboxie :D,

wrongness or righteousness is just a point of view

Here we are not children, but want to be treated as adults in the free country, I still have hope .. For the discussion, we need people from different sides, with different points of view.

yes sure but about security; if i start saying something not nice from experiences about some American mindset (with real proof since i lived there and my family is in US too), various religion (i went into a catholic school & pension) and politics ; the same people that claim freedom of speech here will create a report to moderate me...come on...don't take me for a fool...

since i am a staff member i put aside my beliefs and views (i don't involve in those topics as before).
what i can do is moderate posts going against the rules.

I think many people will want to leave this website if management will not change quickly. They don't wish to still get annoyed and bored, losing time every time they want to read the reaction of others.

when i don't like something in some place , i tell it, then if i get a refusal either i follow the rules or i move away, i don't try to convert people to my own points of view.

Prorootect when you first came here you posted lot of good stuff about security but lately you shown us only wallpapers; political view and religious themes.

i am not a god(s) believer so i can say that your religious posts bother me , i came here for security advices and infos, not to be converted to the way of Jesus Christ or whatever god may exist for others. You believe, good, this is your choice not mine.

for the talk about security - we have the whole website, so on the Space Bar we would have - too freely - the talk on other themes, too freely.

yes except religion, politics :D

what i want to say is : "don't do to others what you don't like they may do to you"

i gave here my opinion and i know some people will agreed and others won't; but after all it is LIFE.

for me this topic is "closed", but still open ^^

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Is there the 'message is awaiting moderator approval' problem to fix' topic, please?

Is there the 'message is awaiting moderator approval' problem to fix' topic?

Is there the 'message is awaiting moderator approval' problem to fix' topic ..?
Is there the 'message is awaiting moderator approval' problem to fix' topic?
YES.

So don't turn around, but get the valid response on this problem, please ..
Thank you so much!
.. and thanks for watching!

Don't Turn Around - Lyrics

"Don't Turn Around"

I will survive without you

Don't tell me that you wanna leave

If you wanna leave
I won't beg you to stay
And if you gotta go darling
Maybe it's better that way
I'm gonna be strong
I'm gonna do fine
Don't worry about this heart of mine
Just walk out the door
See if I care
Go on and go, but

Don't turn around
'Cause you're gonna see my heart breaking
Don't turn around
I don't want you seeing me cry
Just walk away
It's tearing me apart that you're leaving
I'm letting you go
But I won't let you know
I won't let you know

I won't miss your arms around me
Holding me tight
And if you ever think about me
Just know that I'll be alright
I'm gonna be strong
I'm gonna do fine
Don't worry about this heart of mine
I will survive
I'll make it through
I'll even learn to live without you

Don't turn around
Don't turn around
Just walk away
I'm letting you go
But I won't let you know

I wish I could scream out loud
That I love you
I wish I could say to you
Don't go
As he walks away
He feels the pain getting strong
People in your life
They don't know what's going on
Too proud to turn around
He's gone

Don't turn around
Don't turn around
Just walk away
I'm letting you go

Baby don't turn around
Don't turn around
Just walk away
But I'm letting you go
Don't turn around

ACE OF BASE LYRICS : http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/aceofbase/dontturnaround.html

Reactions: Venustus

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
I either the lyrics of the Beatles, but I like their songs!

Sure, many artists (song, cinema etc) have ended badly, because of drugs, alcohol etc. ..
but I ended for now on MT addiction .. then we'll see

- I was never been a drug addict, but I have smoked cigarettes! I ended up with these cigarettes (very very long ago!), and now I can not stand the smoke around me!
Otherwise, the good wine from time to time does not hurt, on the contrary!

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Off-Topic posts removed.

Why Approvals are now required for certain sub-forums?

I am 100% certain you would not need to wait for approval for posting PC security and technology-related posts. Many of us visit MalwareTips because we come here for the Software Giveaways, Latests Security News, Malware Hub samples and general security product talk.

Yahoo Answers is great place to talk and share your views about Politics and Religion.

As far as I am concerned, Politics, Religion and other Controversial topics should not be brought up here. You want conflict, travel to those suffering countries and provide a helping hand. Talking about it here won't solve anything, and if anything, as seen previously it causes more problems. So those who have contributed to this temporary ruling have brought it amongst themselves.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
'temporary ruling' - I like this a lot, so I give the 'like' on your post ..
- waiting for ..

But for the present time - 'I think waiting 5 minutes maximum of the moderation time would be good, what you think about?'

I

illumination

'temporary ruling' - I like this a lot, so I give the 'like' on your post ..
- waiting for ..

But for the present time - 'I think waiting 5 minutes maximum of the moderation time would be good, what you think about?'

I think you are pushing this topic too far, and demanding too much of the moderators. This site is not automated, they can not just set a 5 minute timer and have the post approved, and believe it or not, they do have other things on here to take care of other then just watching this one sub-forum to approve people. It has been spelled out many times in black and white.

This ruling was initiated by just the very behavior your are presenting here, pushing the boundaries of the rules set in place.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
'too far' .. 'too much' ..

- So I stop to bother our moderators with questions that go too far, sorry!
I understand they have a lot of work with ..
Waiting for the best time then ..

.. and thank you all for reading this stunning ' 'message is awaiting moderator approval' problem to fix' topic.
It was really good.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Many sites and some I have been staff on would just delete these posts outright without any moderation.If members continued to challenge the forum rules they would be banned.
Jack has been extremely lenient given the problems that brought us to this point.One of the things I value here is the moderation.It is an iron fist in a velvet glove moderation,if you will,and gives members a chance at redeeming themselves when they break the rules and as in this situation moderating posts instead of just permanent deletion.Or worse closing the space bar to posting altogether.
It is a friendly place and just because one section of the forum is now being moderated does not change that.Littlebits pretty much explained exactly where we are right now.When members depart because of controversial topics such as those that are now placed in the rules,something had to be done.That something is a small inconvenience in my opinion.
I think the current moderation policy is extremely fair & impartial.In time it will go back to the being the way it was.I do not see this at censorship at all,in fact the farthest thing from it.This is a security website with a set of rules that are in place to minimize disrupting and or offending the membership as a whole.Probably no different than those those in your school or workplace.Continuing to challenge them is only going to make things worse.It is much more comfortable here without these topics being discussed and the problems that come with discussing these topics.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
As a simple example; when you visit someone's home you have to respect their rules if you like it or not or they will show you the door.
If they say they don't allow talking about particular subjects then you have to show your respect for their rules.

Openly challenging our rules with public posts is showing disrespect to our forum.
This has went on long enough, we have made our rules and we are not going to change them.

Most other forums would just ban members for doing the same but we have been very tolerant and relaxed about the problem.
So would it be better to remove the moderation and just automatically ban each member that continues to break our rules?
Or would just having the moderation be better since sending warning has failed?

We try our best to keep members even if they cause problems, all members are equally important but we can not have members posting content that cause other members to leave or not fell welcome.

These rules are to protect our forum as a whole. So please show your respect to our home.

Enjoy!! :D

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
To our fine moderators and staff, and to all the members that make this site a delight to visit on a daily basis!
I salute you!:)
gfMOjrV.gif

With all Sincerity!!

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
I have vivid remorse for this insistence to bother our dear moderators! And especially administrators!
What really touches me is their infinite patience, - this mean they are all good!
So I would never again be rebellious.
- MT forever .. I see

D

Deleted member 178

in fact i dont think this group is necessary; we are not in a school where we teach how to behave in public; also if such group exist and one member of this group goes rogue ,it will question the existence of this group.

there is no moderation "safepass" here; everybody can be moderated even staff members.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
in fact i dont think this group is necessary; we are not in a school where we teach how to behave in public; also if such group exist and one member of this group goes rogue ,it will question the existence of this group.

there is no moderation "safepass" here; everybody can be moderated even staff members.
Yes, but at least there wont be an "awaiting moderator approval" message pending!
I think it's a fabulous idea!!:)

Reactions: Prorootect

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
The Unknown Angel come by here too!
- No more moderation on Space Bar forum, thank you very very much!

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
I'm sick of it everywhere I post it says message is awaiting moderator approval and sometimes it can take hours for it to be confirmed and sometime your message doesn't get confirmed at all

Reactions: Ink
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.