Troubleshoot Microphone Audio buzzing and beeping and clicking

RemarkableTyrannosaurus

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 31, 2022
maybe this is the wrong place to post but who cares! I am trying to get my headphones to connect and talk but whenever I test my microphone i just hear constant loud buzzing then going into beeping. I tried it on a bluetooth mic and a wired mic. I tried reinstalling some Realtek drivers but it didnt work. I may not have provided all the information to deduce my problem accurately but I really don't know what you would need. I will try to be active here so ask me anything

Reactions: vtqhtr413

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
maybe this is the wrong place to post but who cares! I am trying to get my headphones to connect and talk but whenever I test my microphone i just hear constant loud buzzing then going into beeping. I tried it on a bluetooth mic and a wired mic. I tried reinstalling some Realtek drivers but it didnt work. I may not have provided all the information to deduce my problem accurately but I really don't know what you would need. I will try to be active here so ask me anything
Tell us what headphones you are using, and what you are trying to connect them to. You mentioned Realtek drivers so I am guessing that it is a Windows PC...
And how are you trying to connect them? When bluetooth, how do you pair it, and when wired, how do you select the mic device?

The first thing you should do, if you can, is test the headphones on another device, to see if the headphones are faulty.

Upvote 0

RemarkableTyrannosaurus

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 31, 2022
Tell us what headphones you are using, and what you are trying to connect them to. You mentioned Realtek drivers so I am guessing that it is a Windows PC...
And how are you trying to connect them? When bluetooth, how do you pair it, and when wired, how do you select the mic device?

The first thing you should do, if you can, is test the headphones on another device, to see if the headphones are faulty.
I tried with 2 headphones, Bose NC700s and Hyper X cloud alpha and they both do the same thing. The bose headphones are bluetooth and my main priority to get working. I don't really know what drivers I need but I assume they are realtek drivers. I know the headphones work becuase I use them on facetime all the time. I am trying to connect them to my computer and talk to people. I can hear the audio just fine but when I test the microphone on for example discord and mess around with the outputs, I get loud buzzing/beeping/clicking and can't even hear myself. my Input is headset (boss hands free ag audio) and output is headphones (bose Stero)

Upvote 0

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I tried with 2 headphones, Bose NC700s and Hyper X cloud alpha and they both do the same thing. The bose headphones are bluetooth and my main priority to get working. I don't really know what drivers I need but I assume they are realtek drivers. I know the headphones work becuase I use them on facetime all the time. I am trying to connect them to my computer and talk to people. I can hear the audio just fine but when I test the microphone on for example discord and mess around with the outputs, I get loud buzzing/beeping/clicking and can't even hear myself. my Input is headset (boss hands free ag audio) and output is headphones (bose Stero)
Sometimes the app that you are using the mic with is the culprit. You mentioned discord. Try and see what happens with a different app, such as Zoom or Google Meet or Skype or something else like that.

Reactions: vtqhtr413
Upvote 0

RemarkableTyrannosaurus

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 31, 2022
Sometimes the app that you are using the mic with is the culprit. You mentioned discord. Try and see what happens with a different app, such as Zoom or Google Meet or Skype or something else like that.
well I did try using the voice recorder app as well and I just heard a loud buzzing for a second and then the audio just stopped. But I guess I can try something else

Upvote 0

RemarkableTyrannosaurus

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 31, 2022
Solved (sort of) I downloaded realtek audio drivers which solved Most of the buzzing. It fixed the buzzing on my wired headphones (hyper x cloud alpha) but I still cant get to use my bose nc700 headphones bluetooth and have any microphone input. When I go to settings and select bose hands free AG audio I dont get the option to test my microphone which i think is odd. any suggestions?

Attachments

• bose audio.png
    bose audio.png
    33.6 KB · Views: 108
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.