New Update Microsoft confirms Windows 11 26H2, urges IT admins to prepare for release

Windows 11
61 Replies 2,446 Views
Interestingly, on the MS site regarding 26H2 enablement it does say:

'Prerequisites

Before updating to Windows 11, version 26H2 using this enablement package, you must be running Windows 11, version 24H2 or Windows 11, version 25H2. You must have the following prerequisite installed before applying this update:

September 22, 2026—KB5124010 (OS Builds 26100.9546) Preview or a later cumulative update'


I did download the enablement package, & it installed OK, I will be interested if I can install this without the preview?
 
Interestingly, on the MS site regarding 26H2 enablement it does say:

'Prerequisites

Before updating to Windows 11, version 26H2 using this enablement package, you must be running Windows 11, version 24H2 or Windows 11, version 25H2. You must have the following prerequisite installed before applying this update:

September 22, 2026—KB5124010 (OS Builds 26100.9546) Preview or a later cumulative update'


I did download the enablement package, & it installed OK, I will be interested if I can install this without the preview?

If you have downloaded Windows11.0-KB5121794-x64_5e20a3cce48d6611b16bdec42b07167f5456586a.msu and installed the optional update from September 22, you can install it manually by click on the file.... .
 
Interestingly, on the MS site regarding 26H2 enablement it does say:

'Prerequisites

Before updating to Windows 11, version 26H2 using this enablement package, you must be running Windows 11, version 24H2 or Windows 11, version 25H2. You must have the following prerequisite installed before applying this update:

September 22, 2026—KB5124010 (OS Builds 26100.9546) Preview or a later cumulative update'


I did download the enablement package, & it installed OK, I will be interested if I can install this without the preview?
Microsoft's 26H2 enablement-package KB says the prerequisite as "26100.9546", while the actual September 22 cumulative preview is 26100.9550. That suggests the prerequisite is really about having the required servicing/component baseline, rather than specifically requiring you to have installed the September 22 Preview package itself. (KB5121794: Feature update to Windows 11, version 26H2 by using an enablement package | Microsoft Support)
 
I have to admit, my system feels a bit snappier after the 26h2 update. CPU usage hasn't really gone down, but memory usage has. Also, it uses about 5-6gb less of disk space. I haven't experienced any negative aspects of 26h2, but I just updated last night.
Good to hear. Enough reasons for me to do a Clean Install on my Win11.
 
I really like the start menu changes, great not to have all installed apps & the associated folders showing, along with improvements here & there in design, + I can hide my account details, looks much better, but I am a bit of a GUI freak, considering some treatment for it :cool:
Did not get yet, but taskbar position change is there.
 
Did not get yet, but taskbar position change is there.
You might have???


Start.jpg
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top