Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Got an update to version 81.0.416.62 today.
No changelog yet on:
Probably the latest chrome fixes:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Probably from a recent update but just noticed the Edge Addons Beta page now when you click to "Get from Microsoft Store" extensions. Still not extensive as Chrome store but did have updated version of UBO. Microsoft Edge Addons

For now I'll just use Chrome store for my addons but glad to see it's something that's finally being updated.
Sorry, but they had their own Edge addon store from the beginning.
If the same extension is available in the Microsoft Edge Addon store I would prefer it from there, because it's (hopefully) tested and better compatible with Edge. If you are missing some addon you van provide feedback and they will investigate it. That's what I did for Bitdefender TrafficLight. Hopefully coming soon to the Edge addon store.

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Sorry, but they had their own Edge addon store from the beginning.
If the same extension is available in the Microsoft Edge Addon store I would prefer it from there, because it's (hopefully) tested and better compatible with Edge. If you are missing some addon you van provide feedback and they will investigate it. That's what I did for Bitdefender TrafficLight. Hopefully coming soon to the Edge addon store.

Ah okay, cool. I mainly just use UBO which is in the Edge addon store, that's good about BD TL, I'll use the edge store version. Just saw that it had "Beta" next to the title on the page ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Ah okay, cool. I mainly just use UBO which is in the Edge addon store, that's good about BD TL, I'll use the edge store version. Just saw that it had "Beta" next to the title on the page ;)
Yes, it says beta since the start... maybe they want more extensions before removing that label or they simply forgot. 🤔

S M G

Level 2
Feb 18, 2020
Do you have information when extensions can be synchronized?
AFAIK extensions syncing is still in beta since last month. Hopefully it'll be released soon.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Got another small update today to version 81.0.416.64.
No changelog yet...
Release notes for Microsoft Edge Stable Channel:
Chromium Security Updates for Microsoft Edge:
And the release notes are out:
Microsoft Edge VersionDate ReleasedBased on Chromium VersionChrome Release BlogHighest Severity Fix in ReleaseCVEs
81.0.416.644/23/202081.0.4044.122Chrome Releases BlogHighCVE-2020-6458, CVE-2020-6459, CVE-2020-6460

Up to date with the latest Google Chrome release:

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Microsoft has released the latest Microsoft Edge Stable Channel (Version 81.0.416.68), which incorporates the latest Security Updates of the Chromium project.

Microsoft Edge VersionDate ReleasedBased on Chromium VersionChrome Release BlogHighest Severity Fix in ReleaseCVEs
81.0.416.684/29/202081.0.4044.129Chrome Releases BlogHighCVE-2020-6461, CVE-2020-6462

bjm_

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
Hi
Anyone know how to stop Zoom minus plus popup annoyance - (not just on malwaretips.com)
png_5987.png

Zoom Page WE developer says the Zoom popup is because I don't have "Use CSS full zoom instead of browser full zoom" checked. But, I do...
png_5988.png
Thanks

Last edited:

bjm_

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
Hi
Anyone know how to stop Zoom minus plus popup annoyance - (not just on malwaretips.com)
View attachment 239036
Zoom Page WE developer says the Zoom popup is because I don't have "Use CSS full zoom instead of browser full zoom" checked. But, I do...
View attachment 239037
Thanks
My zoom popup is resolved.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Here's some more welcome news, I actually dislike these quasi-"legit" popups:

Excerpt:

Microsoft Edge is now giving users the ability to hide those pesky browser notification dialog boxes that are commonly used by web sites to push their content, or even spam, on visitors.

For those not familiar with the term "browser notifications", they are a feature that allows web sites to ask visitors if they would like to sign up to receive notifications of new content. The web sites can then push content to subscribers via the browser, even when a visitor is not on the website or when the browser is not being used.

While notification subscription dialogs are annoying from legitimate sites, they are even more annoying from the multitude of scam sites that abuse them.

Lately, a common tactic by scam sites is to show browser notifications dialog boxes and state that you need to "Allow" the notifications before you can play a video, download a file, or visit a site.

Browser notification spam site

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Here's some more welcome news, I actually dislike these quasi-"legit" popups:

Excerpt:

Microsoft Edge is now giving users the ability to hide those pesky browser notification dialog boxes that are commonly used by web sites to push their content, or even spam, on visitors.

For those not familiar with the term "browser notifications", they are a feature that allows web sites to ask visitors if they would like to sign up to receive notifications of new content. The web sites can then push content to subscribers via the browser, even when a visitor is not on the website or when the browser is not being used.

While notification subscription dialogs are annoying from legitimate sites, they are even more annoying from the multitude of scam sites that abuse them.

Lately, a common tactic by scam sites is to show browser notifications dialog boxes and state that you need to "Allow" the notifications before you can play a video, download a file, or visit a site.

Great new feature, hope it will go to stable soon (y)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.