Serious Discussion Microsoft Edge Stable (Chromium) Now Available for Download

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I was unable to reproduce this. I wonder if there was a driver conflict or something?
Don't think it's a driver related issue since it's happening on Edge only. Maybe Edge related something is trying to reduce its impact on CPU/Ram since I'm gaming and ending up causing an issue. Maybe removing the game from ram by mistake? Your system config is far better than mine. So maybe it's not trying anything extreme on yours. But again, it's just an assumption. I have plans to freshly install Windows when 22H2 comes up next month. I'll try to test again after that.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Updated to Version 105.0.1343.25

Feature updates​

Policy updates​

New policies​

Deprecated policies​

Additional policy changes​

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Updated to Version 105.0.1343.25

Feature updates​

Policy updates​

New policies​

Deprecated policies​

Additional policy changes​

Microsoft has released the latest Microsoft Edge Stable Channel (Version 105.0.1343.25), which incorporates the latest Security Updates of the Chromium project. For more information, see the Security Update Guide

This update contains the following Microsoft Edge-specific update:
What is the version information for this release?

Microsoft Edge VersionDate ReleasedBased on Chromium Version
105.0.1343.259/1/2022105.0.5195.52/53/54

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Edge is so buggy: I can't access my autohide taskbar while using Edge. I have to minimize it to get to it. This isn't happening with any other browser.
Not sure what you mean. When I am using edge the taskbar is hidden until I move my mouse down to the taskbar area and then the bar shows like it should.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

The new sidebar in Microsoft Edge helps you multitask smarter​

At Microsoft Edge, we’re always thinking of ways to help you make the most of your time online – and often times, this involves multitasking. But, multitasking is hard to do well – you start with writing an email, and then you toggle to another tab to grab a link … and next thing you know, you’ve lost your focus and are buried in a new task. That got us thinking: how can Microsoft Edge help you strike the right balance of focus and function? And today, we’re excited to announce that we’ve introduced the sidebar in Microsoft Edge to help you achieve more without losing your flow.

The new sidebar in Microsoft Edge lets you access tools and features side-by-side within your browser, even as you navigate between tabs. From being able to search specifically within the page you’re viewing, to using tools to do quick math without opening another tab, we’ve found a way to help you be more productive without losing your place as you browse.

Today, these features include search, Discover, tools, Games, Office, and Outlook. We plan to add new features to the sidebar in the future, but for now, let us introduce you to the current lineup.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

Workaround for Microsoft Edge 105 startup problems​

Edge 105 may not start properly anymore after the update to version 105. Our colleagues at Deskmodder have found a workaround for the issue. The issue seems to be caused by Registry keys that seem to have been added to the Registry by accident during the update.

Edge users who are affected by the startup issue need to delete MetricsReportingEnabled keys in the Registry.
  1. Open the Registry Editor: use Windows-R to open the run box, type regedit and hit the Enter-key.
  2. Confirm the UAC prompt.
  3. Select Edit > Find.
  4. Search for MetricsReportingEnabled.
  5. Delete the one or two instances of the key in the Registry.
Microsoft Edge should start normally after the keys have been deleted.

It is unclear how widespread the issue is. Microsoft deprecated the MetricsReportingEnabled and SendSiteInformationToImproveServices policies when it released Microsoft Edge 86 and made them obsolete in Edge 89.

Cautious Edge users may want to create a system backup before updating Edge to a new version. Most users may want to wait until the issue is resolved on Microsoft's end before updating Edge.

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020

The new sidebar in Microsoft Edge helps you multitask smarter​

It cannot add a site to the sidebar in Edge stable 105.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Version 105.0.1343.27: September 2, 2022
Microsoft has released the latest Microsoft Edge Stable Channel (Version 105.0.1343.25), which incorporates the latest Security Updates of the Chromium project. For more information, see the Security Update Guide

This update contains the following Microsoft Edge-specific update:
What is the version information for this release?

Microsoft Edge VersionDate ReleasedBased on Chromium Version
105.0.1343.279/2/2022105.0.5195.102

wat0114

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2021
Is it recommended to enable this setting:

edge site safety services.png

...or is it a privacy concern?

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Is it recommended to enable this setting:

View attachment 268941

...or is it a privacy concern?
It is nice to get more information on unknown sites, which can be a security feature, but it is no active protection like SmartScreen, you must look at it yourself.
As it queries Bing, that can be a privacy concern.
If you do not use it actively, I would not enable it.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.