Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Seems MS for the last to updates have left my preferences alone, that's good :)
It changed my preference three times as far as I can remember. The last one happened when version 105 came out.
After that I followed @TairikuOkami's suggestion of setting policies which guarantees that your settings won't be tampered with a new update. I basically copied his file, removed a lot of the stuff that I don't need, added a few of mine, and I was good to go. The only thing that I couldn't change via policy is the default search engine. Looks like this policy doesn't work on home PCs (I could be wrong).

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
The only thing that I couldn't change via policy is the default search engine. Looks like this policy doesn't work on home PCs
Yes, but virtually all search engines offer the extension to deal with this "issue". Search engines make browsers money, so they are not letting go easily.

capture_09272022_230341.jpg

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Version 106.0.1370.34: October 3, 2022

Feature updates​

• More reliable web defense. Browse the web with more reliable protection thanks to the rewritten Microsoft Defender SmartScreen library for Microsoft Edge on Windows, which was introduced in Microsoft Edge version 103. The NewSmartScreenLibraryEnabled policy is now deprecated in Microsoft Edge version 106 and will be obsolete in Microsoft Edge version 107.
  • Increased Work Results in the Microsoft Edge address bar. We’ve increased the maximum number of work results that display in the address bar from 2 to 4, which offers greater visibility into the work content available to you as you search. This feature requires the AddressBarMicrosoftSearchInBingProviderEnabled policy enabled to work.
Microsoft has released the latest Microsoft Edge Stable Channel (Version 106.0.1370.34), which incorporates the latest Security Updates of the Chromium project. For more information, see the Security Update Guide.
This update contains the following Microsoft Edge-specific update

What is the version information for this release?

Microsoft Edge VersionDate ReleasedBased on Chromium Version
106.0.1370.3410/03/2022106.0.5249.61/62

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

The Command Palette is now available in the stable version of Microsoft Edge​

The Command Palette is a tool that can be handy for regular users and web developers. The command bar feature was introduced in Microsoft Edge 105 Canary, in July 2022. Since it is an experimental feature, the option is not enabled by default, you need to toggle it manually in order to use it.

How to enable the new Command Palette in Microsoft Edge

1. Open a new tab and go to edge://flags.
2. Search for command palette. You should see a new setting in the results.
3. Its default value is set to "Disabled", click on the drop-down menu and change the setting to Enabled.

How to enable the new Command Palette in Microsoft Edge

4. Restart the browser, and use the hotkey to trigger the feature, Ctrl + Shift + Space.
5. A large text box will appear at the top of Edge's interface (near the address bar).

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.